House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Don't Surf

How To Invest Against Inflation?

I'd quite like to be able to hedge aginst the possibility of rising inflation as I see it as a reasonable possibility. It would be quite a convenient way to get rid of some of that $1.1 trillion of personal debt after all.

So any suggestions how to hedge against inflation. I already have some gold but would like an alternative investment.

Cheers

I'd quite like to be able to hedge aginst the possibility of rising inflation as I see it as a reasonable possibility. It would be quite a convenient way to get rid of some of that $1.1 trillion of personal debt after all.

So any suggestions how to hedge against inflation. I already have some gold but would like an alternative investment.

Cheers

Try buying some rare stamps and build up a stamp collection to add to your gold collection. Stamps have been going up in price and are a good hedge against rising inflation.

Edited by Bill Gates

Try buying some rare stamps and build up a stamp collection to add to your gold collection. Stamps have been going up in price and are a good hedge against rising inflation.

(1)Try to anticipate your future consumption spending for a few years and buy what you can of it now and store it.

(2)Make active efforts to join a union to protect your wages.

All the investment themes of the late 1970s will lead you to a well trodden path into collectables etc..