House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Are Crashing Hard

Yep you guessed it... the shiny stuff GOLD

Wonder if some have cashed in thier gold to buy / fund property purchases... partly contributing to the latest mini boom we've had ?

UK_House_Prices_in_Gold.png

I remember reading in the newspaper in 2007 about a fellow who had sold his house and was converting it all into coins at ATS bullion. He must be laughing now.

So we are at the mid 90's house price level when measured in gold.

Goes and cashes in his £500,000 worth of gold...

As Crashman said, too early.

I''ll look at UK property again when Sterling is 'worth' five times less; & then only if the country has improved radically in other problem areas.

So come on guys, start the revolution! :)

Wonder if some have cashed in thier gold to buy / fund property purchases... partly contributing to the latest mini boom we've had ?

That doesn't look inflation adjusted to me when you look at the prices of gold for the same period when adjusted for inflation.

Gold_inflation.gif

As Crashman said, too early.

I''ll look at UK property again when Sterling is 'worth' five times less; & then only if the country has improved radically in other problem areas.

So come on guys, start the revolution! :)

lol, step away from the gin bottle.

when sterling has gone off the cliff like that house prices will become irrelevant and no area will have improved or be safe so the sensible thing would be to put all your shiny metal in tour handbag and try to find a way off the island.

Would be interested to see how the curve looks against the A$... the plastic stuff.

That doesn't look inflation adjusted to me when you look at the prices of gold for the same period when adjusted for inflation.

The cost of houses in ounces of gold does not involve paper money nor paper money inflation. It's the number of ounces of gold per house (a ratio).

Do you know why the real price of gold dropped from 1980 onwards? There were very strong and obvious reasons for it.