House Price Crash Forum

I've Been A Landlord And It Can Be A Real Hassle

Tip Top

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

"Many of us are landlords these days - and according to the Council of Mortgage Lenders the buy-to-let market is worth £52bn in the UK, its market percentage increasing by 14% in the past year alone. As a member of this new landlord class..."

Smarmy cow.

HOLA446
HOLA447
What you need is a job that actually pays money.

Why get a real job when you can just take out a 500,000 pound loan, buy a few 'executive apartments' and make 100,000 a year tax-free from price inflation?

Personally I think it's pretty amusing to see a landlord who's so 'morally special' that she'd send heavies around to throw a tenant out in an extremely blatant violation of the law being abused by a scumbag tenant. Though it would have been more amusing if she had thrown him out and he'd then taken her to court for it :).

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Some of my friends were landlord in the 90’s (not through choice)

We had a ‘plan’ that if a tenant stopped paying a group of us (8 or more)

Would just crash out at the flat partying 24-7. No intimidation, just

Music, Lager and videos.

Never happened, so I don’t know if it would work!

Does anyone remember the film Pacific Heights. :ph34r:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
The gas man tut-tutted and shook his head sadly as if he knew I was in trouble.

tsk - see, even he knows this tenants trouble....

I was now scared and bewildered.

like a 'startled fawn'

As a lone woman I felt humiliated by the tenant upstairs and demeaned by the agency

its always much worse if your a.....lone woman.

With everything against me, violence seemed to be my only hope.

i understand what she means perfectly.

HE WANTED to know a bit about the tenants. I said they were Iranian, but he'd never heard of that

hes a real pro...

I lived in a jungle rather than a society run by law.

thats the jungle baby...your going to die.......

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

So a "nice", "civilised" English girl is at the 11th hour of paying someone to duff someone else up. This is a serious crime...very serious.

She gets off the hook (probably) by being able to claim perhaps that the whole thing was in her imagination. But all the same this is appalling.

This is what happens to people when they presume that they can substitute earning a real living by buying a crapola place and renting it out. And, the temerity of it: she sees herself as a class above others by clear implication, yet all she's done is get herself a seedy mortgage, dabbled in amateur BTL, something ANYONE can do, but usually don't because they have better things to do in life like WORKING for a living.

She'd have been better off walking into a betting shop and putting money on the 4.30 at Redcar. And so would everyone else.

VP

HOLA4417
So a "nice", "civilised" English girl ...

Not sure these words can be applied to Jane Kelly - she used to be a journalist for the Daily Hell (assuming it's the same person):

http://www.stuckism.com/KellyJane/

"And I decided to do what most middle class people do - go to the boring old solicitor and pay up."

translated as

"I chickened out and decided to make some cash by writing about my close encounter with a nasty foreigner and the proles instead."

Edited by greencat

HOLA4418