House Price Crash Forum
Hopeful FTB

Radio 2 Yesturday Afternoon

Did anyone hear the estate agent/ property expert on radio 2 yesturday afternoon-on the steve wright show?

According to him, the decline in london is all to do with the media and not real at all! (apparently the media is very irresponsible!)

To which one of the presenters replied "well, that isnt what is happening in my area- prices are very stagnant and nothing is selling"

The EA responded with, well, that is because there is 20% less property on the market and thus the slowdown is all in everyones imagination and really, its flying out as there are so many buyers to fewer properties!

It was a bit mad to be honest! He was a tad smug aswell!

:P

not sure why a national radio station would accept the word of some EA as a qualified opinion.

i mean, theres no training or qualifications. i could start one tomorrow and then cast my 'opinion' over the national airwaves and so it would be truthful.

what a load of tosh.

c'mon bbc. get some qualified opinions in.

no in fact - make no comments at all about housing anymore. ever.

stick to music and comedy.

I'm addicted to the front page of the local property rag for my laughs.

This week's gem is about the booming BTL market - returns are currently 20% per annum you see, and those price falls mean that it's a great time to buy!

Did anyone hear the estate agent/ property expert on radio 2 yesturday afternoon-on the steve wright show?

According to him, the decline in london is all to do with the media and not real at all! (apparently the media is very irresponsible!)

To which one of the presenters replied "well, that isnt what is happening in my area- prices are very stagnant and nothing is selling"

The EA responded with, well, that is because there is 20% less property on the market and thus the slowdown is all in everyones imagination and really, its flying out as there are so many buyers to fewer properties!

the reason he sounded a tad smug is because he doesn't deal in low-end properties that will be suffering the slump,he's busy offloading the mansions in K+C to roman abramovich's mates,so (his)prices aren't falling.....doesn't mean the rest of the market aint!

Guest The dude

Yesterday on GMR Radio (Manchester) I had the displeasure of listening to some woman from Your Mortgage (or whatever it was - all the same to me). She was championing the fact that Property Prices have gone through the roof in Manchester because of the University there. "What a great investment this is to all you Rich parents out there who want to make a killing whilst at the same time putting a roof over your little baby's head" was the essence of what she was saying. The overriding impression on me though was that she sounded really desperate to put the slightest spin toprop up the market. What I don't get is how the media/presenters never ask the question: who actually gains/loses from this overpriced property madness? Most sensible people know High House Prices are bad for this country.

Smug? An EA? You don't say!

Dude - Funny how every VI has an excuse for the current level of prices.

"My particular sh1thole is very well located, being next to a motorway rest stop and a mainline railway (nearest station 15 miles) so prices will never go down here."

Yes I heard it . I sat back and anticapated a load of VI spin. What we got was as an EA trying to set himself up as a bit of a celebrity. Who knows he may be one now ? Steve Wrights  co-presenters though , sounded very switched on and in tune with what is actualy happening. I thought they might have been HPC members at one point ! Did you notice how Steve Wright cut him short  when he still had more "stuff " or spin to get out .

I got the feeling that HPC might have a bit of support in the Steve Wright show. Lets face it , he has one of the biggest audiences in the country 5 days a week