House Price Crash Forum

Blanchflower On Channel 4

HOLA441

Blanchflowers predictions on Channel 4 paint a grim picture.

I reckon he is bang on the money.

Still most of the members on here should be happy as it seems we are in for another house price crash. Sadly it looks like everything else will crash too.

In other news, the new government are going to go ahead with Labours "Tax on Jobs". Tells you everything you need to know about politicians in general and this new bunch of hypocrites in particular.

We are going to get something that not only was in neither parties manifesto but was strongly argued against by at least one of them.

HOLA442

Still most of the members on here should be happy as it seems we are in for another house price crash. Sadly it looks like everything else will crash too.

In other news, the new government are going to go ahead with Labours "Tax on Jobs". Tells you everything you need to know about politicians in general and this new bunch of hypocrites in particular.

We are going to get something that not only was in neither parties manifesto but was strongly argued against by at least one of them.

Blanchflower is a ******ing idiot.

He still thinks we're aiming for deflation. What a clown. We're clearly going to be printing way before then.

Still. He's in America so he doesn't need to give a shit.

HOLA443

Blanchflower is a ******ing idiot.

He still thinks we're aiming for deflation. What a clown. We're clearly going to be printing way before then.

Still. He's in America so he doesn't need to give a shit.

Having never heard him speak before I did wonder why so many on this forum slagged him off all the time.

I now see that it's because he doesn't follow the "take your nasty medicine" or "if it's not hurting it's not working" line so beloved by right wingers.

HOLA444

I think the tradeoff here is that they are not taxing the first 10k. So the low paid will be better off overall.

HOLA445

I now see that it's because he doesn't follow the "take your nasty medicine" or "if it's not hurting it's not working" line so beloved by right wingers.

No, he follows the print, print and print again while lowering your interest rates to send the economy into a death spiral approach.

Not my favourite economic strategy.

HOLA446

Blanchflower is consistently off the mark, economically and personally

In 2003, David Blanchflower of Hanover, New Hampshire, filed for divorce from his wife Sian Blanchflower on the grounds that she was having an adulterous affair with Ms. Robin Mayer of West Windsor, Vermont. As in most cases of divorce involving alleged adultery, Mr. Blanchflower was seeking an “at fault” ruling against his wife. Mrs. Blanchflower admitted that she was having an affair with Ms. Mayer, but argued that the affair did not constitute adultery under New Hampshire law.

Ruling

After a lower court initially sided with Mr. Blanchflower, the New Hampshire Supreme Court ruled in favor of Mrs. Blanchflower and Ms. Mayer, concluding that adultery must involve sexual intercourse under New Hampshire law. In the 3-2 ruling, the majority determined that sexual relations between two female people cannot constitute sexual intercourse and, therefore, the affair was not adultery. The dissenters objected to the majority’s use of the 1961 edition of Webster's Third New International Dictionary as support for their definition of sexual intercourse as between a man and a woman.

http://en.wikipedia....v._Blanchflower

he has been calling for IR cuts for the moment he got his seat in the BOE well before the crash. One of the most interesting things about blanchflower is he links with Andrew Oswald, of HPC fame. Blanchflower is mega bearish and he is worried and has been worried since we started talking about him. Unfortunatly the ONLY medicine he suggests is lower interest rates...

Edited by AteMoose

HOLA447
HOLA448

I think the tradeoff here is that they are not taxing the first 10k. So the low paid will be better off overall.

Will they? I will come back to you on that one in a years time. <_<

Anyway, I'm not really interested in his suggested solutions. It's his predictions that seem pretty much spot on.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

So when do Osbourne and Vince take a long look at the books, and trot down to the IMF? All bets will be off - this must be the safest card they can play?

There's no time for heroics here, there will be horrendous pain, why take the blame?

ARE YOU READING THIS?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

He gave Merv a slagging off and repeatedly said that the UK WOULD ENTER A DEATH SPIRAL under its new masters plans.

There is no escape.

“THERE IS NO MEANS OF AVOIDING THE FINAL COLLAPSE OF A BOOM BROUGHT ABOUT BY CREDIT EXPANSION. THE ALTERNATIVE IS ONLY WHETHER THE CRISIS SHOULD COME SOONER AS THE RESULT OF A VOLUNTARY ABANDONMENT OF FURTHER CREDIT EXPANSION OR LATER AS A FINAL AND TOTAL CATASTROPHE OF THE CURRENCY SYSTEM INVOLVED.”

Ludwig von Mises – Austrian Economist (1881- 1973)

HOLA4413
Guest happy?

Blanchflower is consistently off the mark, economically and personally

http://en.wikipedia....v._Blanchflower

he has been calling for IR cuts for the moment he got his seat in the BOE well before the crash. One of the most interesting things about blanchflower is he links with Andrew Oswald, of HPC fame. Blanchflower is mega bearish and he is worried and has been worried since we started talking about him. Unfortunatly the ONLY medicine he suggests is lower interest rates...

Wow!

AteMoose in shock ad hominem attack.

HOLA4414

There is no escape.

“THERE IS NO MEANS OF AVOIDING THE FINAL COLLAPSE OF A BOOM BROUGHT ABOUT BY CREDIT EXPANSION. THE ALTERNATIVE IS ONLY WHETHER THE CRISIS SHOULD COME SOONER AS THE RESULT OF A VOLUNTARY ABANDONMENT OF FURTHER CREDIT EXPANSION OR LATER AS A FINAL AND TOTAL CATASTROPHE OF THE CURRENCY SYSTEM INVOLVED.”

Maybe he was talking through his **** ? :)

HOLA4415

There is no escape.

"THERE IS NO MEANS OF AVOIDING BLANCHFLOWER. THE ALTERNATIVE IS ONLY WHETHER THE CRISIS SHOULD COME SOONER AS THE RESULT OF A CHANCE MEETING IN A TV STUDIO, OR LATER UNDER A BUSH IN A DISTURBING ENCOUNTER ON CLAPHAM COMMON."

Fixed.

Anyway, all this "gay" stuff we've been told about for years is obviously nonsense:

After a lower court initially sided with Mr. Blanchflower, the New Hampshire Supreme Court ruled in favor of Mrs. Blanchflower and Ms. Mayer, concluding that adultery must involve sexual intercourse under New Hampshire law. In the 3-2 ruling, the majority determined that sexual relations between two female people cannot constitute sexual intercourse and, therefore, the affair was not adultery. The dissenters objected to the majority’s use of the 1961 edition of Webster's Third New International Dictionary as support for their definition of sexual intercourse as between a man and a woman.

HOLA4416

He gave Merv a slagging off and repeatedly said that the UK WOULD ENTER A DEATH SPIRAL under its new masters plans.

Yes, his point was that the stimulus was keeping economic growth going, and until the growth can be sustained without the stimulus you run the risk of further recession and an economic death spiral.

He is concerned that the accelerated cuts programme will push unemployment towards the 20% mark. :o

HOLA4417

What was Snow saying? or had his socks and tie entered a death spiral of their own?

I think Snow had a panic attack and said ' Death Spiral thats strong words, you sure ? ' ...or sommink.

Blanchflower emphatically reiterated his Death Spiral prophecy.

Thats how I remember it.

See 1929 crash above who was paying attention :)

Edited by bricor mortis

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

But the tax cut is irrelevant if you're thrown out of work. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But you're less likely to be out of work if tax is lower and an employer can therefore afford to employ you in the first place (since you require a lower salary) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We tried growing the state (and our debt) and it's not working out very well.

HOLA4422
Guest happy?

I've unfortunately been involved in an email tete a tete with Blanchflower the last few hours.

He is supremely confident that we are headed towards deflation.

I find this the most bizarre image. It's not as if replying to email is compulsory.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest happy?

Having never heard him speak before I did wonder why so many on this forum slagged him off all the time.

Blanchflower is very much in favour of continuing the stimulus, whereas those who oppose this position will blame him when the tap's turned off and it all goes tits up. Bit like a bad doctor blaming the patient for dying. Let's hope VC can inject some influence on the cabinet of all the talents - otherwise it's straight back to the 80's.

Edited by happy?

HOLA4425

There is no escape.

“THERE IS NO MEANS OF AVOIDING THE FINAL COLLAPSE OF A BOOM BROUGHT ABOUT BY CREDIT EXPANSION. THE ALTERNATIVE IS ONLY WHETHER THE CRISIS SHOULD COME SOONER AS THE RESULT OF A VOLUNTARY ABANDONMENT OF FURTHER CREDIT EXPANSION OR LATER AS A FINAL AND TOTAL CATASTROPHE OF THE CURRENCY SYSTEM INVOLVED.

there