House Price Crash Forum

First Female Muslim Cabinet Minister

Game_Over

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly

But my question was why do they feel compelled to make themselves look like idiots by insisting that something that is a simple statement of fact is incorrect?

:blink:

Because technically you and Pravda-BBC are incorrect.

She has been made a member of the Cabinet as Minister without Portfolio, and is of minister of state rank.

But I suppose the reality is that she's been made a member of the Cabinet because she's chairman of the Tory Party.

The more I think about it the more outrageous it is.

Why wasn't the Chief Exec of the Lib Dems included? :blink:

They hate the fact that you need Marxist credentials to rise in their ranks. They hate themselves. Just read the embittered bromides spouted by happy? (NO, HE ISN'T), Boom Boom, AbsouteNoMark et al. If they want to self harm, they could at least do it on their own time and £.

yup

Their posts are an ugly scar on what is possibly the most joy filled, life affirming forum on the web

Why can't they be more like the right wingers on here who are without exception convivial, lighthearted and carefree.

Jesus wants them all for sunbeams.

yup

Their posts are an ugly scar on what is possibly the most joy filled, life affirming forum on the web

Why can't they be more like the right wingers on here who are without exception convivial, lighthearted and carefree.

Jesus wants them all for sunbeams.

Brilliant! :lol::lol::lol:

The BBC didn't have the post to which she was appointed at the time - so you're post could not have had the detail which I was seeking. From a personal standpoint if the Conservatives under Cameron can become inclusive I think that will only be a good thing. Societies built on exclusion and discrimination are wasteful of talent and resource.

Margaret Thatcher and her government were not by anyone's standards progressive in any respect - vis her absolute refusal to do anything to end Apartheid, her enthusiasm for Clause 28, and her repeated rejection of bills designed to improve the lives of the disabled.

Cameron has a long way to go in ending discrimination in his own party I wish him success.

Your question was a fair one which got lost in the argument I'm afraid.

When the original statement was made I don't think the BBC had been told exactly what her role would be, but I got it off Wikipedia a few minutes later, which would only have taken other people a few minutes of the considerable time they spent arguing that I was wrong.

As to Mrs Thatcher - it seems to me that the left betray their own prejudices by assuming that all women and ethnic minorities will be left wing. Personally I believe that women and ethnic minorities share the same spectrum of opinions as 'white middle class males' so it doesn't really matter what the gender or race of someone is.

So although it will probably offend a lot of people here, my opinion is that the most important factor when considering someone for high office is that they are the best person for the job and will do the best for the country.

Baroness Warsi is a very impressive politician and has been given her position on merit IMO and those on the left who insist she is a 'token ethnic' demean both themselevs and her.

Going out now as it is a beautiful sunny day.

:)

Baroness Warsi is a very impressive politician and has been given her position on merit IMO and those on the left who insist she is a 'token ethnic' demean both themselevs and her.

I've always found her singularly unimpressive and inarticulate when on programmes like Question Time.

Including her in the Cabinet is an act of dual-tokenism.

As to Mrs Thatcher - it seems to me that the left betray their own prejudices by assuming that all women and ethnic minorities will be left wing.

strawman.jpg

yes, we all assume that. :rolleyes:

it's in our little red book so we have to.

Personally I believe that women and ethnic minorities share the same spectrum of opinions as 'white middle class males' so it doesn't really matter what the gender or race of someone is.

That's, like, really deep.

I only wish we on the left were capable of the mind blowing profundity those on the right bless us with every day.

Pearls before swine............

Baroness '£50K expenses' Warsi is a shining beacon for the new politics.

It is high time that the system of life peerages is abolished. I wonder if Clegg will include this within his package of parliamentary and electoral reforms?

Aren't there any Lib Dems on here outraged at the inclusion of such a partisan position in a supposedly coalition cabinet?

What about the Chief Executive of the Lib Dems?

TGP is the Lib Dems' champion on HPC. He might post an essay in due course.

strawman.jpg

yes, we all assume that. :rolleyes:

it's in our little red book so we have to.

That's, like, really deep.

I only wish we on the left were capable of the mind blowing profundity those on the right bless us with every day.

Pearls before swine............

So as out and out insults and lies fail - you now resort to being patronising.

The reason the OBVIOUS has to be stated so often by those on the right is that those on the left appear totally incapable of grasping it.

And as you are all determined to ruin this thread, this is my final post on this subject.

So as out and out insults and lies fail - you now resort to being patronising.

The reason the OBVIOUS has to be stated so often by those on the right is that those on the left appear totally incapable of grasping it.

If you can't see the irony inherent in your post above, preceded as it was by a series of partronising strawman generalisations about some Borg like construct that exists only in your head that you call 'The Left' then I'm not sure there's any point in this discussion either.

And as you are all determined to ruin this thread, this is my final post on this subject.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

pram.jpg

Guest DestroyBrown

If you can't see the irony inherent in your post above, preceded as it was by a series of partronising strawman generalisations about some Borg like construct that exists only in your head that you call 'The Left' then I'm not sure there's any point in this discussion either.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

pram.jpg

"straw man" your favourite saying at the moment?

Hey everybody! I know what a straw man is! :rolleyes:

"straw man" your favourite saying at the moment?

Hey everybody! I know what a straw man is! :rolleyes:

My apologies for using the same phrase twice (one of which was a visual), but it perfectly describes a fair bit of the crap in this thread.

Would you prefer I said "piss poor, spurious and fallacious ******** 'arguments'"?

Guest DestroyBrown

My apologies for using the same phrase twice (one of which was a visual), but it perfectly describes a fair bit of the crap in this thread.

Would you prefer I said "piss poor, spurious and fallacious ******** 'arguments'"?

because they disagree with you?

Why not just say "I disagree with you?"

Guest happy?

That ache on your forehead might have something to do with the brick wall you are beating it against, BB.

The modus operandi of the left is to expect everyone else to feel guilty about being 'against' what the right does first anyway.

First female Prime Minister - and by GOD, was she effective - check.

First Muslim AND female cabinet member, check.

First Scottish sociopath who must be above all criticism PBUH, uncheck.

They hate the fact that you need Marxist credentials to rise in their ranks. They hate themselves. Just read the embittered bromides spouted by happy? (NO, HE ISN'T), Boom Boom, AbsouteNoMark et al. If they want to self harm, they could at least do it on their own time and £.

You do spout a lot of nonsense - but don't take it from me, here's a news article which shows just how few women there are in this cabinet - compared to either the US or several European countries the figures must give anyone reason to pause - even someone as knuckleheaded as yourself

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/vote_2010/missing+women+and+the+public+school+invasion/3647587

As I said, tokenism in the past, and I look to Cameron to live up to people's justifiable expectations.

Archived