First Female Muslim Cabinet Minister

Game_Over

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest X-QUORK

Baroness Warsi I believe.

BTW any chance you could change your picture

As after Benns performance of the TV the other day it makes me feel physically sick

Cheers.

:)

I'm a lefty, so no.

Sorry.

Guest happy?

I think Warsi is a very impressive politician

I didn't realise my post would cause a left-wing backlash

:blink:

You're confused - both on the difference between offices of state and party positions, and on the reason why people questioned you. In my case I posted because I was interested to know.

Game Over thinks being Chairman of the Tory Party is an office of state in the British Government. Either our democracy really is dead or he doesn't know much about politics.

Game Over doesn't know much about anything. Thinks weather is the same as climate, for example.

Don't start demanding apologies then young man!

I just relayed what was on the BBC.

I even cut and pasted from the BBC website.

People either jumped on me because they are desperate to prove me wrong or because they didn't like the fact that once again the Conservative Party has proved itself to be far more progressive than Labour.

It has got to be one or the other.

Game Over doesn't know much about anything. Thinks weather is the same as climate, for example.

Either way its been getting colder for at least the last 10 years - that's why the figures were fiddled.

Or have you had your head up your *rse for the last few months?

:P

And for the left wing know it alls

Sayeeda Hussain Warsi, Baroness Warsi (born 28 March 1971) is a British politician for the Conservative Party and a lawyer. Since the UK General Election, 2010 she has been the Chairman of the Conservative Party, sitting in the Cabinet. She is the first Muslim woman to sit in the cabinet [1]

From Wikipedia - she is apparently Minister Without Portfolio and assumed office 12 May 2010

And I didn't demand an apology 'young man'

I requested one which I didn't expect to get.

So the Conservatives gave us the first woman Prime Minister

And the first female Muslim cabinet minister

And the only two Prime Ministers from ethnic minorities(one in the 19th Century!).

Every labour PM has been an indiginous background white male.

but of course the Tories are intolerant and Labour is the party of diversity :rolleyes:

Guest happy?

I just relayed what was on the BBC.

I even cut and pasted from the BBC website.

People either jumped on me because they are desperate to prove me wrong or because they didn't like the fact that once again the Conservative Party has proved itself to be far more progressive than Labour.

It has got to be one or the other.

The Conservative Party far from being progressive has a rich history of tokenism - you have confused the two. Both Cameron and Iain Duncan-Cough have made some progress but I suspect that equality in the Conservative Party has a long way to go before it can meaningfully be described as progressive.

The Conservative Party far from being progressive has a rich history of tokenism - you have confused the two. Both Cameron and Iain Duncan-Cough have made some progress but I suspect that equality in the Conservative Party has a long way to go before it can meaningfully be described as progressive.

Was that an apology?

And I suppose the first woman Prime Minister was tokenism

Priceless

Guest happy?

Was that an apology?

And I suppose the first woman Prime Minister was tokenism

Priceless

She certainly did nothing to advance the careers of other women - hence the tokenism. As I said you're unable to distinguish between the two.

I don't that's right, happy? What she did is neither here nor there, the point being made was that the Tory party has a real record of putting people in serious places (leadership, not just token places) whose background would normally have been judged a disadvantage, whereas Labour (and Liberals) do not.

Disraeli & Howard - Jews

Thatcher - Woman

Not a ministerial post so that isn't what Game Over stated is it.

Perhaps the bits assemble themselves differently in your computer? On my monitor this thread's Title is shown as "First Female Muslim Cabinet Minister" and the description reads "And she's a Tory." Which as Robert Robinson would say, is correct in every particular.

And the only two Prime Ministers from ethnic minorities(one in the 19th Century!).

Every labour PM has been an indiginous background white male.

but of course the Tories are intolerant and Labour is the party of diversity :rolleyes:

Who were they? Does Jewish count?

I did a google image search to see what she's like, because the pic posted above was appealing, and no, I wouldn't.

I don't that's right, happy? What she did is neither here nor there, the point being made was that the Tory party has a real record of putting people in serious places (leadership, not just token places) whose background would normally have been judged a disadvantage, whereas Labour (and Liberals) do not.

Disraeli & Howard - Jews

Thatcher - Woman

That ache on your forehead might have something to do with the brick wall you are beating it against, BB.

The modus operandi of the left is to expect everyone else to feel guilty about being 'against' what the right does first anyway.

First female Prime Minister - and by GOD, was she effective - check.

First Muslim AND female cabinet member, check.

First Scottish sociopath who must be above all criticism PBUH, uncheck.

They hate the fact that you need Marxist credentials to rise in their ranks. They hate themselves. Just read the embittered bromides spouted by happy? (NO, HE ISN'T), Boom Boom, AbsouteNoMark et al. If they want to self harm, they could at least do it on their own time and £.

Guest happy?

That ache on your forehead might have something to do with the brick wall you are beating it against, BB.

The modus operandi of the left is to expect everyone else to feel guilty about being 'against' what the right does first anyway.

First female Prime Minister - and by GOD, was she effective - check.

First Muslim AND female cabinet member, check.

First Scottish sociopath who must be above all criticism PBUH, uncheck.

They hate the fact that you need Marxist credentials to rise in their ranks. They hate themselves. Just read the embittered bromides spouted by happy? (NO, HE ISN'T), Boom Boom, AbsouteNoMark et al. If they want to self harm, they could at least do it on their own time and £.

So let's get this straight I ask for clarification as to which position Baroness Warsi has been appointed to, CC incorrectly states it as Conservative Party Chairman (which any fule no is a party political position and not an office of state) and according to your thinking (I shrink from calling it logic) this is evidence that we are all suffering from self hatred.

Three points - pseudo psychoanalysis was discredit years ago - except in the sort of circles you run in. Secondly I might suggest you're suffering from projection - but for the fact that I'm not convinced of the scientific basis for most Freudian thinking.

You seem obsessed with money (I'm guessing your not happy with your lot) but I would point out that I am posting on my time and dollar.

So let's get this straight I ask for clarification as to which position Baroness Warsi has been appointed to, CC incorrectly states it as Conservative Party Chairman (which any fule no is a party political position and not an office of state) and according to your thinking (I shrink from calling it logic) this is evidence that we are all suffering from self hatred.

Three points - pseudo psychoanalysis was discredit years ago - except in the sort of circles you run in. Secondly I might suggest you're suffering from projection - but for the fact that I'm not convinced of the scientific basis for most Freudian thinking.

You seem obsessed with money (I'm guessing your not happy with your lot) but I would point out that I am posting on my time and dollar.

Perhaps you could give me a psychological explanation of why almost every time I post facts on this site, certain people spend hours of their valuable time trashing my threads by insisting that I am wrong and telling me I am an uninformed idiot?

The information was straight off BBC News FFS.

I suppose they could just be winding me up, but I suspect they actually believe the garbage they post.

Perhaps you could give me a psychological explanation of why almost every time I post facts on this site, certain people spend hours of their valuable time trashing my threads by insisting that I am wrong and telling me I am an uninformed idiot?

By their fruits you shall know them.

Guest happy?

The information was straight off BBC News FFS.

I suppose they could just be winding me up, but I suspect they actually believe the garbage they post.

The BBC didn't have the post to which she was appointed at the time - so you're post could not have had the detail which I was seeking. From a personal standpoint if the Conservatives under Cameron can become inclusive I think that will only be a good thing. Societies built on exclusion and discrimination are wasteful of talent and resource.

Margaret Thatcher and her government were not by anyone's standards progressive in any respect - vis her absolute refusal to do anything to end Apartheid, her enthusiasm for Clause 28, and her repeated rejection of bills designed to improve the lives of the disabled.

Cameron has a long way to go in ending discrimination in his own party I wish him success.

Archived