House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilT

The Average First Time Buyer

Does anyone have any recent statistics on the "average" FTB? I.e. average FTB deposit, purchase price, salary and age (I think it is now around 34). It would also be useful to have some kind of historical comparison.

FTBs certainly seem to be an endangered species at the moment (see this thread). According to a recent survey from the National Associatiion of Estate Agents, FTBs made up only 8% of the market in July (compared to 55% in 1993 and 29% in 2003). It would be interesting to know what proportion of this dying breed receives significant financial assistance from their parents.

ps - I am a potential FTB but am very glad not to have "scrambled onto the ladder" in the last couple of years.

Edited by PhilT

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this