House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shakenvac

Tea Making Facilities...

I've always found it rather amusing that in the year 2005, we still see B&B's marketed with features such as "tea making facilites"...yeah right, a kettle, UHT milk & a tea bag....quite a USP eh? Besides, it should be standard nowadays (top tip to B&B landladies...loose the woodchip, the lime green curtains & the carpets that stinks of old mans p1ss too)

The same can be said of property adverts. I've just scanned a couple of adverts & realised how useless some EAs are at selling houses. Have a look at this one...over half a million quid & one of the features actually listed is "seven power points in the workshop"...

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/agent.aspx?...prop&pid=163845

Weee....those power points total about 20 quid & will really swing it for me if I'm about to spunk up over half a million quid on a pad.

I've always found it rather amusing that in the year 2005, we still see B&B's marketed with features such as "tea making facilites"...yeah right, a kettle, UHT milk & a tea bag....quite a USP eh? Besides, it should be standard nowadays (top tip to B&B landladies...loose the woodchip, the lime green curtains & the carpets that stinks of old mans p1ss too)

The same can be said of property adverts. I've just scanned a couple of adverts & realised how useless some EAs are at selling houses. Have a look at this one...over half a million quid & one of the features actually listed is "seven power points in the workshop"...

http://www.findaproperty.co.uk/agent.aspx?...prop&pid=163845

Weee....those power points total about 20 quid & will really swing it for me if I'm about to spunk up over half a million quid on a pad.

Someone is going to kick your a** for the use of 'loose' instead of 'lose'

Your right though anything that they can possibly use to sell a place they will do, some would argue thats part of thier jobs as estate agents, but like you point out sometimes they can go a little over the top for sure.

:)

you can increase the percieved snobbish factor by giving your house a name, not a number.

No doubt this increases the value and desirability of your home no end (and annoys the postmen).

House name ideas

I ve thought of my own:

"The Royal Gate"

"Highcliffe House"

"The Admirals"

"100 Acres"

Someone is going to kick your a*** for the use of "your" instead of "you're"!

:lol: yep!

EDITED:

Hey did you noticed i got 'thier' right though so it could of been worse.

Edited by theChuz

You mean "it could HAVE been worse" (not "could of") :lol:

Also, it's "their" not "thier"!!

Oh the shame of it :lol:

Im leaving this thread well alone, i shall hang my head in shame and just walk away.

:lol:

There's a psychoplogical trait - I think there's some name for it - where our fingers type or write 'sounds' rather than words. It happens more often in typing, as there's a greater detachment (looking at a screen, not the paper, bashing keys not forming the words, etc.).

Therefore someone that could easily answer a quiz on they're/there/their, loose/lose, it's/its or any other homophones could easily type the wrong thing.

Being all smug about it is as silly as giving someone who's accidently scalded themselves a lesson on hot water.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

:( On first look this looks like a gorgeous house (apart from the ove-inflated price)

until you click on picture 2.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT IN THE BACK GARDEN !!!!!!

Who on God's earth is going to buy this place with a shed/garage the size of an aircraft hanger in the back garden?????!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by GAL BEAR

Getting back to the thread, there's a lot of fun to be had perusing ads which promise almost nothing but make it sound like you are getting fantastic facilities:

My personal favourites are any description with "effect" and "feature" in them.

EG: "This compact and smart apartment comes complete with a marble-effect mantlepiece and original wood flooring feature".

or:

"This characterful cottage includes leather-effect sofas and distressed beam features" (ie the beams are made of plastic and knocked about a bit with a chisel so they look "old")

Any more?

VP

What I really love is the posts from ppl correcting the spelling errors of others with the trademark....

"This post has been edited by xxxxxxxx: Today, 07:14 PM"

A tell-tale sign of

"Sh!t, I've made a typo in my post correcting someone elses typo, I best cover that up quick sharpish and if anyone asks about the edit marker I'll just say I included something about a squirrel and a gun but decided to take it out as it wasn't relevant.....right done, phew, close call"

:P

EDIT: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, fell it to my own trap!!!!!!

Edited by wtc

:P

EDIT: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, fell it to my own trap!!!!!!

I believe you meant to say "fell into my own trap" aahhahahahaha!!11!

Edited by FTB

There's a psychoplogical trait - I think there's some name for it - where our fingers type or write 'sounds' rather than words. It happens more often in typing, as there's a greater detachment (looking at a screen, not the paper, bashing keys not forming the words, etc.).

Therefore someone that could easily answer a quiz on they're/there/their, loose/lose, it's/its or any other homophones could easily type the wrong thing.

Being all smug about it is as silly as giving someone who's accidently scalded themselves a lesson on hot water.

Yeah and there's a word for those who constantly fixate on minor gramatical detail - its called pedantry! Can anyone provide information about the median price of Cheapside Streets in Britian?