House Price Crash Forum

Democracy Under Serious Threat

Some very good points there.

My vote goes for Simon Cowell - I'm pretty sure he would win an election.

simon-cowell-paula-abdul-photo.jpg

Personally I believe there is no chance of a Labour - Lib Dem coalition

Too many people in the Labour Party realise that it would be far better for the long term future of the party if they were in opposition when the SHTF.

Also why would the Labour Party change a voting system that benefits them far more than the Conservatives and keeps the Lib Dems down to 50 seats?

Most of the comments made by the MSM political commentators since friday have been utter Bullcr*p IMO.

:blink:

Edited to add that I typed this post before I was aware of the above announcement as Mrs Game Over is having her afternoon nap so the TV isn't on!!!!

:lol::lol:

Edited by Game_Over

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nu Labour and their supporters are Fascists

And although I think they are dangerously misguided fools, 'Old Labour' and their supporters, by and large are not IMO.

The Lib Dems and the country were staring into the abyss yesterday and 'old' Labour pulled us back from the brink.

Mandelson and Campbell would have gladly sold hundreds of years of democracy down the river in order to cling to power - thankfully it appears our parliamentary system stopped them

BUT only just.

:huh:

And although I think they are dangerously misguided fools, 'Old Labour' and their supporters, by and large are not IMO.

The Lib Dems and the country were staring into the abyss yesterday and 'old' Labour pulled us back from the brink.

Mandelson and Campbell would have gladly sold hundreds of years of democracy down the river in order to cling to power - thankfully it appears our parliamentary system stopped them

BUT only just.

None of them believe in democracy - they all put up with it because it minimises opposition to their world changing theft based ********. Even hitler loved democracy because it kept the sheep silent for shearing.

Cheer up tho, because it's almost over. Statism is dead.

None of them believe in democracy - they all put up with it because it minimises opposition to their world changing theft based ********. Even hitler loved democracy because it kept the sheep silent for shearing.

Cheer up tho, because it's almost over. Statism is dead.

The State is dead - long live the State

If you lived to be 1000 years old you would still not see the end of 'Statism' Injin

But cheer up because the Euro and the EU will collapse in our lifetimes

The Euro, probably in my 88 year old father-in-laws lifetime.

:)

Thanks to Mods for leaving on main forum.

Latest update

As I pointed out yesterday it would only take a handful of Labour MP's to vote against imposing a change to the electoral system without a referendum for this to fail

After a number of Labour MP's went on TV to say they would not support such a move the BBC has just announced that there is going to br a meeting of Labour MP's OPPOSED to electoral reform meeting in the House of Commons shortly this afternoon.

Basically Mandleson, Campbell and Adonis ALL unelected, attempted yesterday to derail a virtually done deal by offering the Lib Dems a new voting system WITHOUT a referendum

And it is to the Lib Dems eternal shame that they abandoned all democratic principles and leapt at this deal - a deal which anyone with more than 2 brain cells knew the Nu Labour machine just could not deliver.

The Lib Dems have shown the British people how PR would work and in the process have wrecked any hope they ever had of winning a vote on electoral reform IMO.

Have you had a heart attack yet? you really are desperate for the nasty party to be in government...but all the checks will be in place by the libdems for them not to be able to get most of the right wing crap through. .tactical voting worked for me,,,,no nasty party on their own and unable to run riot...

The State is dead - long live the State

If you lived to be 1000 years old you would still not see the end of 'Statism' Injin

But cheer up because the Euro and the EU will collapse in our lifetimes

The Euro, probably in my 88 year old father-in-laws lifetime.

Lovely.

You carry on believing rubbish like everyone else is and I'll stay with the facts.

Have you had a heart attack yet? you really are desperate for the nasty party to be in government...but all the checks will be in place by the libdems for them not to be able to get most of the right wing crap through. .tactical voting worked for me,,,,no nasty party on their own and unable to run riot...

The tories are crapping themselves because they know full well that all that pay their banker friends have been promised means ****** all unless they can collect. To do that they need the tories to play bailiff. A hung parliament means they are getting pennies on the pound and have to fight the whole way.

Not that labour are any better, mind you, they intend to steal a shitload and give it to their public sector buddies. But they can't do that either.

Fun stuff.

BUT only just.

I have never come across someone so bitter and twisted who is so scared of a labour libdem pact in my life....What is it that you are so scared of..you have had 12 years of labour how much more could they hurt you.. anyway when we get pr you might as well get used to having other party's hanging on to your shirt tail. You have made a image in my mind of Tory boy from years past..Jumping up and down shouting its not fair...

I have never come across someone so bitter and twisted who is so scared of a labour libdem pact in my life....What is it that you are so scared of..you have had 12 years of labour how much more could they hurt you.. anyway when we get pr you might as well get used to having other party's hanging on to your shirt tail. You have made a image in my mind of Tory boy from years past..Jumping up and down shouting its not fair...

I would love Labour and the Lib Dems to try and form a coalition

because it would destroy them both

But unfortunately back bench Labour MP's will not let this happen

I did explain all this yesterday.

And under Labour I have just had 5 years of 'economic inactivity' which has been fantastic

But I don't want Labour to bankrupt the country AGAIN because I have 3 kids who I want to have a future here.

TBH it is your post that actually sounds sad and desperate - I am just telling everyone what I think is going to happen because the MSM are spinning everyone a left-wing fairytale as usual.

Guest DestroyBrown

You think they're suddenly going to become financially responsible or something?

Guest DestroyBrown

Why do you choose to keep banging on and on about the Tories (specifically under Maggies reign)

It's 19 years since she left office

Do you have children? if so, do you still reprimand them for things they did 19 years ago?

Kate Hoey just on BBC - not a happy woman

Named Mandelson, Campbell and Adonis and basically said who elected them and gave them a mandate to promise changing the electoral system without a referendum.

Whatever happens, the Lib Dems have shown themselves to be dishonourable and untrustworthy

Clegg has screwed up on a massive scale IMO.

I love Kate Hoey - I'd vote for her.

Anyway - apparently they are taking Gordon's bags out!

1. BREAKING NEWSNumber 10 recognises that talks with the Lib Dems have not and will reach not any positive conclusion, and they are now discussing the method of declaring that their side of the negotiation is over, BBC Radio 5 Live's political correspondent Jon Pienaar says.

So do I - she was one of the MP's I knew wouldn't support the 'deal' that was offered by Mandelson.

Personally I have no idea what she is doing in the Labour party.

Like I said, unobservant.

Its now 2010

And we still have a state.

No doubt people felt the same way as you do now in 1930

Well it is 1930 again and unfortunately some of the outcomes will probably be very similar

but the state did not end then and it will not end now.

Its now 2010

And we still have a state.

No doubt people felt the same way as you do now in 1930

Well it is 1930 again and unfortunately some of the outcomes will probably be very similar

but the state did not end then and it will not end now.

I said statism is dead.

The state is still knocking about, but it's stopped expanding, stopped working. As an ideology it's over. No one is going back to huge deficits, massive money manipulation and exponential intrusion.

There wil probably be relics of it going forward, in the same way that most towns have a few (mostly empty) churches hither and thither slowly being claimed by time.

I said statism is dead.

The state is still knocking about, but it's stopped expanding, stopped working. As an ideology it's over. No one is going back to huge deficits, massive money manipulation and exponential intrusion.

There wil probably be relics of it going forward, in the same way that most towns have a few (mostly empty) churches hither and thither slowly being claimed by time.

As I said - Statism is dead, long live the State

Injin, I think we will find a situation unfolding where the state is hidden rather than being so obvious as it is now.

Think Employers NI vs Income tax, same thing, but one is hidden.

I think the quangos will balloon as the cuts come.

Why do you choose to keep banging on and on about the Tories (specifically under Maggies reign)

We were just about to find out why i keep banging on but due to the good people of this country who could not stomach the nasty party being let loose on their own, we will just have to sit back and watch the Tories try and be a middle of the road party,,,,,should be fun.. :P

a poison chalice it will be..

Edited by geoffk

No, statism is dead, now it will zombie on not being taken seriously by anyone with any sense like religion, child labour and wife beating are already.

Perhaps I will stop paying tax then if no one is taking the State seriously anymore

And in case you hadn't noticed - Religion is spreading and getting stronger than ever.