House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheLittleGuy

What's The Purpose Of The Hpc Forum?

Recently I decided to leave this forum because I felt that it was too biased. I've returned to ask one question, and I won't be posting any responses because life's too short to deal with the inevitable abuse.

The HPC forum has become fundamentalist, with members attacking those who do not agree with the current case for a crash. It's argued that extreme "bear" bias is appropriate because the purpose of the fourm is to act as a counter for preceived "bull" bias in the media and elsewhere. Is this the opinion of the majority? Is this forum is a place for open debate, or is it here to promote the argument for a crash?

This used to be a really good and interesting forum. Then I joined and all the decent posters seemed to leave en masse.

Now we've got:

1) a few thuggish bullies (CIUW and the like)

2) loads of idiots who don't understand basic economics (me for example)

3) An analytical moron (Dr Bubb) wasting his time idling between jobs.

Seems a fairly balanced critique. Everyone agree?

The Little Guy,

I personally use it to debate and see others points of views. It's also good for finding none biased or more bearish news reports. There seems to be an awful lot of Bullish/VI reports in the news and I do get sick of the one sided thoughtless reporting.

I have no idea if a crash is likely, I do, however know that house prices are too expensive.

It's here to promote the argument for a house price crash, why do you think it's called housepricecrash.com.

People like you amaze me, you are probably the type of block that would go to a lesbians forum and get upset because you cannot pull.

Sam

This used to be a really good and interesting forum. Then I joined and all the decent posters seemed to leave en masse.

Now we've got:

1) a few thuggish bullies (CIUW and the like)

2) loads of idiots who don't understand basic economics (me for example)

3) An analytical moron (Dr Bubb) wasting his time idling between jobs.

Seems a fairly balanced critique. Everyone agree?

I see where you get your name from now!! CIUW can be extreme but I think most of his posts are tongue in cheek. DrBubbs posts are extremely informative and well thought out. Unlike yours!

The HPC forum has become fundamentalist. :ph34r:

C'mon its a forum, lots of people in different situations.

Come here looking for advice you get it. Come here looking for an argument you get it. In the last 6 months I have gained a much better (and all rounded view ) understanding of the property/money markets than ever had a clue about before.

I will continue to follow this site B)

Recently I decided to leave this forum because I felt that it was too biased. I've returned to ask one question, and I won't be posting any responses because life's too short to deal with the inevitable abuse.

The HPC forum has become fundamentalist, with members attacking those who do not agree with the current case for a crash. It's argued that extreme "bear" bias is appropriate because the purpose of the fourm is to act as a counter for preceived "bull" bias in the media and elsewhere. Is this the opinion of the majority? Is this forum is a place for open debate, or is it here to promote the argument for a crash?

The wording in your poll sentences is misleading :)

You'll be back TLG, maybe under a difffernt name but youll be back :P

The only people that can truley answer the poll are the founders of the site.

You would do better to constuct the poll a differnt manner...

"Do you feel that HPC has evoled into a site to promote the possible hpc and encourage it along"

"Do you feel that HPC is a good place for open debate about the possible hpc"

"Other"

Should you chose other, please in one sentence state how you feel or see the HPC site. Please keep debate on this thread to a minimum as it is peoples individual responses im interested in.

EDITED: my double line spacing is becomming habitual.

Edited by theChuz

OK, this is just for TheLittleGuy.

There will be no property crash, housing is affordable, infact it is probaly underpriced.

Is that what you want to hear

Sam

I see where you get your name from now!! CIUW can be extreme but I think most of his posts are tongue in cheek. DrBubbs posts are extremely informative and well thought out. Unlike yours!

"Tongue in cheek" like suggesting shooting another forum member. Twice. In the head. To make sure.

Yeah right.

Dr Bubbs posts are extremely informative - did I say otherwise? However do you actually understand them? Be honest now!

And. Finally. My posts are extremely well thought out. It's just you're on a different wavelength.

Dont go, Little guy.

We may rip the p!ss out of u but u do set yerself up for it.

Post reasoned sensible arguments, and you'll get reasoned sensible responses in the main. I promise not to flame u again, no matter what nonsense you dig out of the bullcrap pile and present to us...

BTW, as for the poll, there's no point voting - it would be a bit like voting on 'whether the sun came up this morning' - it already happened and no amount of debate can change it now. To all intents and purposes, the debate is over. Just look around you. It happening now. And it aint even as pretty as Ignorant Steve.

I have hardly posted but read this forum for over a year now. Being a Christian with many fundamentalist friends I have to say that the forum has surprisingly big similarities with a cult or religion. I have even seen some posts telling people to "have faith" that the crash will come! The question is not whether there will be a crash but what do we call the believers? Crashites?

"Tongue in cheek" like suggesting shooting another forum member. Twice. In the head. To make sure.

Yeah right.

Dr Bubbs posts are extremely informative - did I say otherwise? However do you actually understand them? Be honest now!

And. Finally. My posts are extremely well thought out. It's just you're on a different wavelength.

No I don't understand all of DrBubbs posts, granted, but some I do. Why did you call him a 'moron'?

No I don't understand all of DrBubbs posts, granted, but some I do. Why did you call him a 'moron'?

"Analytical moron" because:

1) he spends loads of time producing stuff that most on here don't understand.

2) For the same reason I called myself an idiot who doesn't understand basic economics.

Hopefully most on here realised it was tongue in cheek.

Now this is what I call a lively debate,and also a tactis to divert discussion away from House Price Crash.

IT IS HAPPENNING,WILL CONTINUE THIS YEAR & NEXT YEAR

BEARS ARE IN CONTROL AT PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came back because I missed everyone!

OK so Dr Bubb may be a geek, a boffin, ignoramous Steve is just that, I can't even chuffin spell right, CIUW may well be a gun weilding maniac, but f**K him :lol:

If anyone upsets you tell em to F-off, nice and simple, like what I understand.

If you go you will miss em all, even CIUW ..... well you know .....

Oh btw the 'property laddered' house I go past everyday has now been dropped to 269,950 from 299,950 just 6 months ago, 10 % off ...... Oh My :P:lol:

Edited due to my own stupidity.

Edited by Mr Tickle

"An analytical moron (Dr Bubb) wasting his time idling between jobs."

I think it is clear to everyone else who the Moron is.

You obviously lack what it takes to be a successful investor.

Patience is key, and I use HPC as a means to fill period while I am awaiting

the right trading opportunity

If you saw my brokerage accounts, you would dream about idling in my fashion

some day in the future, if and when you have enough knowledge and experience

to appreciate it

Blimey, this is all going horribly wrong.

It was tongue in cheek - I thought you, of all on here, would recognise that.

For what it's worth your posts are some of the few on here that I take seriously.

What I would like to know Dr Bubb is do you wear a white coat??

I respect ANYONE that can make money long term in the markets, I can't I proved that to myself.

Oh and are you really a Dr???

Strange there was an article on the radio last week about internet users on forums pretending to be something they are not.

Oh and DO have long arms and can reach into the biscuit barrel from my bed before anyone asks ...... but Mrs Tickle doesn't like it ...crumbs in the bed :lol:

Blimey, this is all going horribly wrong.

It was tongue in cheek - I thought you, of all on here, would recognise that.

For what it's worth your posts are some of the few on here that I take seriously.

pmsl :lol: I gotta admit I didn't read it as tongue in cheek - sometimes hard to

tell from just words on a screen!

Biased eh? Well if the sky is blue and there's a site which promotes that fact, how is that biased? HPC predicted a reduction in house prices. That is clearly happening. Or perhaps you think houses are going up?

On the other hand there are many here who also think that as a matter of national importance house prices SHOULD deflate. Anything wrong in that?

On the contrary to your post's view, the only abuse I see here starts through provocative people like TTRTR who delight in winding everyone up with "look what a clever bull I am" posts. I rarely see a genuine and intelligent Bull argument gratuitously slagged off. It has to be said however that many Bull posts here often are a mixture of promotion of socially unacceptable exploitation of FTB's, a perpetuation of the BTL myth, occasional racism, general denial that the market has had its day, and "you're all idiots and I am shrewd" sort of narcissistic rubbish.

If Bulls present intelligent arguments then the response will be intelligent too.

VP

What I would like to know Dr Bubb is do you wear a white coat??

I respect ANYONE that can make money long term in the markets, I can't I proved that to myself.

Oh and are you really a Dr???

Strange there was an article on the radio last week about internet users on forums pretending to be something they are not.

Oh and DO have long arms and can reach into the biscuit barrel from my bed before anyone asks ...... but Mrs Tickle doesn't like it ...crumbs in the bed :lol:

I'm wondering if Dr.Bubb is the same person as FSE and energi who posts on the ADVFN financial board? Certainly his posts have the same flavour. The advfn poster was urging people to sell (STR) UK property (and buy gold?) over 4 years ago! A wise move?

Edited by ILikeBigBoobs

Silly vote, I didn’t bother.

Interesting idea though.

Why are we here (some all day long!)

A lot of posters (most) are from people that can’t afford to buy ‘a nice’ property

In today’s market.

Some because they STR and want to monitor their gamble.

Others are vested interests that try to disrupt the function of the site.

Most don’t come clean with their special interests (TLG), home owners trying to sell, EA’s,

Landlords worried that they have over-stretched themselves.

I don’t believe anybody would spend so much time here if they weren’t worried

One way or another.

So we all have something to lose.

Personally I am fed-up with all the ‘do-you-think-I-should-buy?' posts.

HPC is to the House Market what Michael Moore is to Bush Jnr's policies.

It is biased, occasionally haphazard, frequently entertaining and ultimately it's heart and intentions are in the right place. Like Moore it suffers from the inferiority complex syndrome and shouts a little too coarsely in the face of the deafening wall of sound of vested interest media.

I use it to console myself with others about the crazy state of property prices.

I like the news-feeds but would appreciate it if the webmaster posted more bullish newws artcicles there to insure some kind of balance/perspective.

Here's a thought:

eventually there will come a time when it is sensible to buy and some (or many) of us will have to mutinee from the good-ship (HPC).

There will be the old faithfuls saying "Wait, wait, wait" but we will have to make our own minds up and for the sake of our own sanity stop coming here. What then will become of HPC?!

Guest growl

Basically its a mixed forum mostly bears some bulls, many on a learning curve, some idiots, comedians, a few(note the word 'few')experts and some Trolls.

All forums get infested by Trolls from time to time. Don't let them get to you, they are just Projecting and Baiting(google projection trolls and psychopaths). Ignore them and read the funny and/or informing posts. That's what I do. :)