House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marina

In Case You Are Faltering ....

Cheap new build

The property above is brand new and was finished last year some time. It sat on the market for ages - fairly sure it started off life at about 350k - might even have been £375k. Probably was thinking about it because it came down in stages to £325k and then, astonishingly, the auction sign went up outside.

I have never seen a new-build round here get stuck to the point it gets auctioned. Now, admittedly, the house in question has a non-existent/oddly shaped back garden but, even so, you'd think someone would have bought it.

Well, they did. At auction it fetched 265k apparently. For this area, that is cheap.

Yup, that is cheap for Nash Grove Lane. Would be interesting to see how big the bedrooms are though. Is it the one carved out of the backgarden of the house on the corner of Barkham Ride?

Yes, that's the one. Not surprising it did not sell at its original price - but to see it go to auction - that amazed me. I know the builder vaguely - he usually builds much bigger houses - I presume he took that on as he thought there would be a bit of profit in it but I guess he decided to cut his losses when it had been on the market for 6 months or more without selling.

I seem to recall looking at the details at some stage - the house itself is okay - funny little triangular back garden and no garage though probably put a lot of people off. Still, there are flats on the market for what that house went for.

there is an "executive flat" comples in exeter that is over a year old.

2 are inhabited by the owners

the rest are btl

in exeter a two bed apartment was sold in this comples for £430,000

a 2 bed flat in the same complex just sold for £245,000

small drop there...?

one of these apartments never sold.. still empty..

this is one of many examples