House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Over For Good - You Missed The Boat

Have a look around because I'm pretty sure Berger is French.

I'm still in the throws of roofing at the moment so paint not needed. I'll probably use a traditional self coloured render inside and out so there won't be much painting except ceilings. Maybe we can discuss colour charts when choosing render colour? I do a van trip once a year at least so probably bring some paint over from UK when ready.

Really looking forward to spending time / living in France. It's been a brilliant experience so far. The French in our little hamlet have been unbelievably excepting and helpful, along with most others I come into contact with, like material suppliers.

Thanks for the thoughts though Noddle.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Noodle

I'm still in the throws of roofing at the moment so paint not needed. I'll probably use a traditional self coloured render inside and out so there won't be much painting except ceilings. Maybe we can discuss colour charts when choosing render colour? I do a van trip once a year at least so probably bring some paint over from UK when ready.

Really looking forward to spending time / living in France. It's been a brilliant experience so far. The French in our little hamlet have been unbelievably excepting and helpful, along with most others I come into contact with, like material suppliers.

Thanks for the thoughts though Noddle.

Jolly good show!

It makes perfect sense. Why would a person not want a "depreciating" asset that they control to rise in value (in numpty terms) and even worse drop in value ?

It all sounds good for you willing the house, the job the family it is good when life works out this way.

Any chance on sharing some details on price of house, location and career ?

Fixed that for you...

Otherwise. Congratulations to the OP. I hope you are happy.

Some of the replies on this post are just hilarious. If you ever wonder why some people are owner occupiers and others are habitual renters, all the evidence is in this thread to see!

Rubbish and rubish and rubbish, I have been a habitual renter all my life and I just bought for all the right reasons:

• I can afford it
  • I can afford it if interest rates rise 4%
  • I really love it and I can afford it if interest rates rise 4%
  • And based on the current repayments I am going to end up with the interest costing less than the rent that I would pay over the same time - key factor in decision making (hence I am only paying for the asset - only $15,000 more and I would be well out of pocket)

If any of these conditions didn't apply I would continue to be a habitual renter.

Bottom line - if the numbers don't add up, don't buy. If the numbers don't add up, haggle.