House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smurf1976

Sydney House Prices Fall Another 3%

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/sydney...4562790666.html

Prices seem to be falling at about the rate I understand from various posts on HPC was seen during the UK crash in the early 1990's.

And it's on increasing volume which from a technical analysis (what people do with share price charts etc) perspective is VERY bearish. AND it's reported in the mainstream media. :lol:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/sydney...4562790666.html

Prices seem to be falling at about the rate I understand from various posts on HPC was seen during the UK crash in the early 1990's.

And it's on increasing volume which from a technical analysis (what people do with share price charts etc) perspective is VERY bearish. AND it's reported in the mainstream media. :lol:

Oh this is NICE!!!!,media also reporting the slide......rest assured we will be getting the same treatment,media might actually be about to become our new "best mate"

...gotta feel sorry for the sheeple who got in late,but that's life,and it ain't fair sometimes.

The median house price in Sydney fell by 3.13 per cent to $495,000 in the June quarter, Real Estate Institute of NSW figures show.

The slump was worst in middle Sydney, including areas such as Concord, Hurstville and Kogarah, which recorded the biggest drop of 8.95 per cent.

These are quarterly figures.

So prices down between 12.5% and 35.8% per annum.

That is a fairly incredible housing crash.

The median house price in Sydney fell by 3.13 per cent to $495,000 in the June quarter

So thats the >1% per month cruising speed then.

Lost property: investors' flight leaves prices on the wane

Prices fell in all parts of the city, but the middle ring, which includes council areas such as Concord and Hurstville, recorded the biggest drop, 8.95 per cent.

Ouch, is that for the qtr?!?

Just because Sydney is down 3% this quarter - does not mean price are or will be down 12% for the year. On units - more like 4-5 - houses - 2-3

We'll watch the trend though.

The Gordon equivalent in OZ recommended young people leave Sydney as it's too expensive - can you believe that!

Just last night on a current affairs program (Today Tonight for the Aussies here) there was a "report" on Sydney being unaffordable. Basically it said that Sydney prices for everything from houses to coffee were a joke. Also added that businesses were looking to relocate as well.

What have we become when HPI has forced people to migrate? FFS where the hell is the political gumption to sort out this mess. Although I feel that it is far far to late to do anything :angry:

What have we become when HPI has forced people to migrate?

Immigrants who will keep the property bubble inflated in the place you move to :lol: - anyway thats what the property bulls would have you believe as all this new immigration and a limited house supply is the reason why house prices will never fall.

About a year back I remember reading an article about how house prices in Australia had rocketed because of a shortage of land.

Now I know it's never that simple, but lucky I was sitting on the coach, otherwise I may have fallen off the chair! :lol:

About a year back I remember reading an article about how house prices in Australia had rocketed because of a shortage of land.

Flew from Brisbane to Tasmania earlier this year. With HP on my mind I couldn't help but notice the large, very large amounts of property that was free of housing. Just made me laugh.

Where is the best place the get up to date information about Oz market?

As already said on hear the UK, US and Oz are the key markets. Oz is a more mature bubble than the UK but only by about 5 months.

I'm sure that I read that house prices in Sidney had stopped falling about 6 months ago. That was after small falls.

Maybe we are going to follow Sydney over the next few months!