House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gone west

Where Are The Bulls?

I have seen very little bullish (or stagnant for that matter) argument on HPC lately. Que pasa?

EDIT: Subheading should be quiet, of course, and not quite.[Now fixed by moderator]

Thanks, moderator.

Edited by gone west

Guest Alright Jack

They frequent other establishments due to overwhelming arrogance and truculence on here.

HPC members do not argue and debate, they steam roller, attack, and take the p!ss.

No wonder you have few friends left.

Edited by Alright Jack

HPC members do not argue and debate, they steam roller, attack, and take the p!ss.

In my experience, your statement is incorrect. Most of the quality posters on this site argue their case in a reasoned manner, backed up with links to information which supports their arguments. The bulls just tend to make sweeping statements, rarely backed up with hard facts.

I have seen very little bullish (or stagnant for that matter) argument on HPC lately. Que pasa?

EDIT: Subheading should be quiet, of course, and not quite.[Now fixed by moderator]

There is very little bullish argument on HPC because bullish posts tend to be viewed by the moderators as Troll posts and are deleted.

Visit the website housepricechat.co.uk for a more balanced debate on house prices.

Edited by Bill Gates

They frequent other establishments due to overwhelming arrogance and truculence on here.

No wonder you have few friends left.

With all due respect you have only, made 38 posts. I'd be suprised if you have been here as long as most of the people who make a contribution have (both bulls and bears).

If you had been here a while you would know the bear suffered far more venom than the bulls ever will, any negativity pushed the bulls way is simply a does of their own medicine.

While he does have his moments TTRTR is the only credible we have had of late the rest IMHO come here to wind people up. Any arguments they do have a so paper thin that's it's obvious it's been constructed to get every bodies backs up.

If you look at the recent trends, bears or semi bears playing devils advocate, they are generally well represented on both sides.

As for the original question. Basically because for about a year the bull argument for constantly rising house prices was pretty much.

1. The economy is doing well (low inflation)

2. Interest rates were at an all time low

3. Employment was high.

Unforntunately for them most of the bull's didn't have the economic intelligence to see anything other than these 3 statements.

As we know 1 and 3 are pretty iffy these days and with inflation on the up it's looking at least possible the last months 1/4 cut in interest rates was a blip and the trend will be up.

I remeber a sketch on spitting image a few years back with John Major and I think he was being interviewed by Paxman. Paxman was giving him a hard time, mentioning conservative **** up after **** up and all Major said each time was "Inflation's Down".

Most of the bulls on here remind me of that sketch, any argument put up by the bears was shot down with one of the 3 standard arguments.

Bear : Debt's at an all time high

Bull : Employment is high

Bear : The number of FTB's is at a 10 year low

Bear : Mortgage approvals are down for the 6 month running

John-Major.jpg

Guest Alright Jack
With all due respect you have only, made 38 posts. I'd be suprised if you have been here as long as most of the people who make a contribution have (both bulls and bears).

I have been a guest for a good deal of time.

So scitt!

If you had been here a while you would know the bear suffered far more venom than the bulls ever will, any negativity pushed the bulls way is simply a does of their own medicine.

Sorry, reconstruct and correct for typos and I will answer.

While he does have his moments TTRTR is the only credible we have had of late the rest IMHO come here to wind people up. Any arguments they do have a so paper thin that's it's obvious it's been constructed to get every bodies backs up.

You guys make an easy target. I don't envy the FTB position. The name Time To Raise The Rents is in VERY bad taste... you just gotta laugh :lol::lol::lol:

If you look at the recent trends, bears or semi bears playing devils advocate, they are generally well represented on both sides.

I'm sure you reach a reasonable compromise at length... Don't make me laugh.

Bit like MP's voting on whether to give themselves a pay rise. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm still lurking about. But TBH I have decided for the moment that I don't want to participate, because something on this site has offended me so much, that I've been waiting to see if a moderator does anything about it before I wade in properly again.

So far no joy, it's like a playground here where the teachers only deal with the kids they don't like. The other kids are left to run wild. I know of no more biased forum than this one.

Guest Alright Jack
There is very little bullish argument on HPC because bullish posts tend to be viewed by the moderators as Troll posts and are deleted.

Visit the website housepricechat.co.uk for a more balanced debate on house prices.

Thanks, I may go over there.

TTRTR if you think this is biased, try C4homes, where any bearish post is likely to get the poster banned. Yes HPC has a bearish bias, but what do you expect? If the mainstream media ever became fair and balanced as opposed to VI-biased then there would be no need for this site.

Edited by Yonmon

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates
I'm still lurking about. But TBH I have decided for the moment that I don't want to participate, because something on this site has offended me so much, that I've been waiting to see if a moderator does anything about it before I wade in properly again.

So far no joy, it's like a playground here where the teachers only deal with the kids they don't like. The other kids are left to run wild. I know of no more biased forum than this one.

Chin up rents :D

I have been a guest for a good deal of time.

So scitt!

Sorry, reconstruct and correct for typos and I will answer.

You guys make an easy target. I don't envy the FTB position. The name Time To Raise The Rents is in VERY bad taste...  you just gotta laugh :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm sure you reach a reasonable compromise at length... Don't make me laugh.

Bit like MP's voting on whether to give themselves a pay rise. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hmm....

Thank's for your constructive answers. I refer you to your previous post.

HPC members do not argue and debate, they steam roller, attack, and take the p!ss
Edited by gilf

Guest Alright Jack
Hmm....

Thank's for your constructive answers. I refer you to your previous post.

Well I am a HPC member. I am going with the flow. i.e just taking the p!ss out of poor deluded bears.

Well I am a HPC member. I am going with the flow. i.e just taking the p!ss out of poor deluded bears.

The thing is jack, I spend most of my time reading peoples arguments including bulls arguments and they make sense.

But most of the stuff I read from yourself, just makes you look at jackass :(

Guest Alright Jack
The thing is jack, I spend most of my time reading peoples arguments including bulls arguments and they make sense.

But most of the stuff I read from yourself, just makes you look at jackass :(

Who's Jackass ?

As for the original question. Basically because for about a year the bull argument for constantly rising house prices was pretty much.

1. The economy is doing well (low inflation)

2. Interest rates were at an all time low

3. Employment was high.

Unforntunately for them most of the bull's didn't have the economic intelligence to see anything other than these 3 statements.

As we know 1 and 3 are pretty iffy these days and with inflation on the up it's looking at least possible the last months 1/4 cut in interest rates was a blip and the trend will be up.

I remeber a sketch on spitting image a few years back with John Major and I think he was being interviewed by Paxman. Paxman was giving him a hard time, mentioning conservative **** up after **** up and all Major said each time was "Inflation's Down".

Most of the bulls on here remind me of that sketch, any argument put up by the bears was shot down with one of the 3 standard arguments.

Bear : Debt's at an all time high

Bear : The number of FTB's is at a 10 year low

Bear : Mortgage approvals are down for the 6 month running

John-Major.jpg

Can someone please confirm if John Major was genuinely a Prime Minister of this country? My memories of the early to mid nineties are a little hazy, and I find it hard to believe that it was true.

Can someone please confirm if John Major was genuinely a Prime Minister of this country? My memories of the early to mid nineties are a little hazy, and I find it hard to believe that it was true.

Ditto his latest incarnation as international elder statesman, who gets asked Important Questions in hushed tones. You're looking around you and nobody else is laughing - it's unnerving. Praps George Bush lent him Karl Rove!

Ha! Where is when I need him? When he was in power, he was busy bringing in student loans, which were so inefficiently adminstered it would have cost half as much to simply give us the money!

Now I've got savings and want to buy a house, I could do with him - a nice wee income tax bribe before the election, huge interest rates for my nest egg while the inevitable housing crash is ongoing...nice. :P

Interesting. Anyone know what was so offensive? Genuine question.

TTRTR : Do you mean the graph on the frount page? I agree with you it is out of date and needs fixing, it doesnt show the recent rises. HPC is all about factual data, obscuring the facts isnt helpful..

Edited by moosetea

Guest Charlie The Tramp

TTRTR have you not sent a PM to webmaster or the moderators about the offence you feel and the thread in question. I believe this forum is moving so fast I cannot see the moderators keeping up, after all they only seem to be online for short periods. I must admit I find some posters go too far replying to your posts but sadly that is forum life. :(

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

To be honest, I know all the bear arguments already. I, too, like to see balance. But I like to see reasoned balance rather than just playground noise and name calling. TTRTR has some good reasoned arguements. I think there are jackass's on both sides, but there are fewer overall bulls around, obviously on a site with the name HPC, so it makes the impression worse for their side. Good to see you are still reading things here TTRTR.

TTRTR have you not sent a PM to webmaster or the moderators about the offence you feel and the thread in question. I believe this forum is moving so fast I cannot see the moderators keeping up, after all they only seem to be online for short periods. I must admit I find some posters go too far replying to your posts but sadly that is forum life.  :(

Charlie The Tramp,

You shouldn't feel sorry for TTRTR. He deserves the abuse he gets. Afterall he is the one who is abusive. TTRTR getting all upset about something that someone said is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. TTRTR is just a jerk that everyone should ignore. Let him stew in his own juice and play out his fantasies in his perverted fantasy World.

Edited by Bill Gates

To be honest, I know all the bear arguments already. I, too, like to see balance. But I like to see reasoned balance rather than just playground noise and name calling. TTRTR  has some good reasoned arguements. I think there are jackass's on both sides, but there are fewer overall bulls around, obviously on a site with the name HPC, so it makes the impression worse for their side. Good to see you are still reading things here TTRTR.

I agree, but I dont think you will find many Bulls over at the Ft forum,Singing Pig, Channel4 community or the motley fool... I think its genuine market sentiment.

TTRTR, I would certainly welcome him back. We definately need bullish viewpoints to reason our arguments against, or it turns into a chimps tea - party!