House Price Crash Forum
libitina

Ocean Finance Spoof Video.

hehe stupid Ocean Finance. Get in more debt have some "money" left over for a holiday, hey spend it on hotdogs, why not you're already the size of a whale.

Very amusing.

Just wish people could learn the difference between "lose" ie to be parted from one's possession, when your house get repossessed;

and "loose", ie the condition of the average BTL muppet's stool.

More info on stools...

http://www.stoolfairy.com/

Edited by BandWagon

Be careful you could be sued for that spoof video.

Nonsense, the video is clearly a spoof, a parody, a work of comedy.

Provided it is not published or broadcast in such a way as to cause members of the public to mistake it for a genuine commercial no damage can be done.

That said, when I saw it I laughed so hard I let out a little bit of wee, quite possibly damaging my undies.

Nonsense, the video is clearly a spoof, a parody, a work of comedy.

Provided it is not published or broadcast in such a way as to cause members of the public to mistake it for a genuine commercial no damage can be done.

That said, when I saw it I laughed so hard I let out a little bit of wee, quite possibly damaging my undies.

I don't know which universe you live in - but if you think Ocean Finance could not sue the **** of whoever made it - you are living in a fool's paradise.

Funny yes, thought the 'we'll rape your kids' was unnecessary and tasteless.

Most people who make things like this have the common sense to change the name.

The same universe as you, the one with the fools paradise, etc.

As a matter of fact I do believe Ocean Finance could sue the author of the video if they could demonstrate it was damaging to their name or business. But could they sue everyone who looked at it? Everyone who heard about it?

Yes, the video veered close to tastelessness at the end, but that's the secret of comedy, knowing where the line is. For you it was crossed, for me it wasn't.

Edit: typo

Edited by madenph

Of course Ocean Finance could sue them for it, anyone can sue anyone for anything. I think hell would freeze over before they would win though. It's a fair and truthfull assesment of the facts.

Of course they would never sue with good Counsels advice, the publicity would destroy them.

The same universe as you, the one with the fools paradise, etc.

As a matter of fact I do believe Ocean Finance could sue the author of the video if they could demonstrate it was damaging to their name or business. But could they sue everyone who looked at it? Everyone who heard about it?

Yes, the video veered close to tastelessness at the end, but that's the secret of comedy, knowing where the line is. For you it was crossed, for me it wasn't.

Edit: typo

Of course they couldn't sue everyone who looked at it or heard about it. Who said they could?

Edited by Marina

It was Loanshark who said "Be careful you could be sued for that spoof video."

Marina, good to see you edited down your last post.

Ideally I would also like to zip back in time and alter my previous post to state "As a matter of fact I do believe Ocean Finance could successfully sue the author of the video if..."

Let's not create an off-topic argument on this forum, neither of us will win and both of us will look bad.

Regards,

Paul

Of course they could sue for slander.

But they would have to prove that what been said was false and/or innacurate.

Looked to me to be an honest. true and accurate assessment of how these outfits operate. The courts could take a stronger view then they be really in deep doo doo.

As far as the choice words are concerned, again an accurate assesment and well deserved for those who deliberately shaft the nieve and less educated muppets who get suckered into greater debt by these outfits.

OMG these mugs must be thick.

Edited by Serpico