House Price Crash Forum

Tony Blair

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

HOLA441
Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

Breaking news, according to a reliable source and due solely to the substantial losses made on his property portfolio, Tony Blair's contemplating releasing a single. By all accounts, it's going to be a cover version of 'It's over'. From the limited information available at this stage, apparently, he's a bit strapped for cash and some of his aids and spin doctors think this may be a good way to raise some much needed cash and also inform the public of what lies ahead. From what I can gather, all nine members of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee are in the band. Mervyn King's on bass. Gordon Brown has yet to confirm his position of backing vocals. When Mr Brown was asked to comment, he said "I am sick of being in the background. I'll only participate if it's a duet." He went on to say, he hasn't ruled himself out altogether and would like to take part as in some ways he feels partly to blame for Tony's losses and speculation. From memory, the chorus goes something like,

I guess it's over, call it a day

Sorry that, it had to end this way

No reason to pretend, we knew it had to end

some day this way.

Simon Cowell has been rumoured as saying "Well the public seem to like Mr Blair. Since he's been in power their property prices have rocketed 150%, maybe it's time for them to give something back. In my views, there's a very good chance of a top ten hit. Go for it, Tony."

HOLA442
Breaking news, according to a reliable source and due solely to the substantial losses made on his property portfolio, Tony Blair's contemplating releasing a single.  By all accounts, it's going to be a cover version of 'It's over'.  From the limited information available at this stage, apparently, he's a bit strapped for cash and some of his aids and spin doctors think this may be a good way to raise some much needed cash and also inform the public of what lies ahead.  From what I can gather, all nine members of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee are in the band. Mervyn King's on bass.  Gordon Brown has yet to confirm his position of backing vocals.  When Mr Brown was asked to comment, he said "I am sick of being in the background.  I'll only participate if it's a duet."  He went on to say, he hasn't ruled himself out altogether and would like to take part as in some ways he feels partly to blame for Tony's losses and speculation.  From memory, the chorus goes something like,

I guess it's over, call it a day

Sorry that, it had to end this way

No reason to pretend, we knew it had to end

some day this way.

Simon Cowell has been rumoured as saying "Well the public seem to like Mr Blair. Since he's been in power their property prices have rocketed 150%, maybe it's time for them to give something back.  In my views, there's a very good chance of a top ten hit.  Go for it, Tony."

Is it possible Gordon engineered the whole boom and bust just to screw Tony over?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445