House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Density Targets

Was at my Auntie's house last week and couldn't help noticing a new development nearby (major national housebuilder). The houses were so closely packed, they could hardly be called detached! Went and had a look at their show home and a couple of things I noticed - the doors were lower than standard size and I smashed my head on one of the door frames (should I sue?). Checked the double glazing and it looked pretty flimsy - closed the windows and there was less sound insulation than I would have expected. I spoke to a contractor outside and he mentioned that plot sizes had shrunk because of the Government's density targets. A valid excuse?

Guest growl
Was at my Auntie's house last week and couldn't help noticing a new development nearby (major national housebuilder). The houses were so closely packed, they could hardly be called detached! Went and had a look at their show home and a couple of things I noticed - the doors were lower than standard size and I smashed my head on one of the door frames (should I sue?). Checked the double glazing and it looked pretty flimsy - closed the windows and there was less sound insulation than I would have expected. I spoke to a contractor outside and he mentioned that plot sizes had shrunk because of the Government's density targets. A valid excuse?

Did you catch how much they were selling for?

...you might get a few quid out of them!!!...phone up one of them ambulance-chaser firms and ask!!

Yes. The number of houses that HAVE to be built per acre has gone up steadily for quite a while now. This is part of planning laws. However poor build quality is not!

4 beds were 250-300k I think (in S Wales). There's no land shortage here, so why the density targets? I don't understand!

Edited by gruffydd