House Price Crash Forum

Stolen From Hpc

Yes, it was deliberate. The name derived from 'ursus' the Latin for 'bear' but I didn't know it was a Portuguese name as well. When the market changes I'm going to change my name to Beavis which is derived from the Old French word 'beuve' for 'bull'.

Actually, Portuguese has the highest Latin content of any language so makes perfect sense.

Beavis eh? Funny that as whenever I hear or read that name all I can think of is 'the' Beavis, as in Beavis & Butt Head :lol:

Could have gone for Ursula instead, which is a bit more common. same meaning - only down side I guess is that people would assume you are a bird and therefore not listen to any of your posts

And given your name I suppose that I shouldn't be at all surprised that you refer to us females as 'birds'........

...how do you know they are not members....?....they are posting and writing ..... :rolleyes:

... Adam Boulton et al can not say he` IS` Adam Boulton because...... go figure..

`we say it here, it comes out there` - broadcast news

Edited by douggggy

And given your name I suppose that I shouldn't be at all surprised that you refer to us females as 'birds'........

Actually, in my defence, i didn't make up my own name, it was given to me by a BBC radio 4 presenter. I called up with a HPC question, he got my name wrong and i was introduced as Ben from Dover (wonder what was on his mind). there is a whole thread on it somewhere and it is on i-player.

Feel a little self conscious about it sounding so rude but couldn't let the joke go :D

Actually, in my defence, i didn't make up my own name, it was given to me by a BBC radio 4 presenter. I called up with a HPC question, he got my name wrong and i was introduced as Ben from Dover (wonder what was on his mind). there is a whole thread on it somewhere and it is on i-player.

Feel a little self conscious about it sounding so rude but couldn't let the joke go :D

:lol::lol::lol: That is funny! By the way, I do hope you realise that I said what I did in jest...

Guest sillybear2

Yup, they steal stuff all the time, lazy journo's, speech writers. At least it provides them with a sense of awareness of how economics is experienced in the real world, rather than the well spun Westminster village. BoE press conferences are increasingly like something out of the Wizard of Oz.

At least increasing numbers are realizing that our precious "wealth creators" in our wonderful City are nothing but skimmers, useless parasites

Edited by sillybear2

I reckon the press have a tough job.

How would you start each day with a blank page to fill and you have to keep people interested? It's a good job footballers shag about and t*ts were invented, otherwise there would be no need for them at all

Not really true, there is plenty of real serious stuff going on to write about, but most of it is taboo in the mainstream press (since it would go against the interests of the media owners), so they have to write about celebrities and other meaningless nonsense to keep the sheeple in the dark.

If the mainstream media would print articles about what's really going on, there would be a public revolt in a matter of days.

Guest sillybear2

Not really true, there is plenty of real serious stuff going on to write about, but most of it is taboo in the mainstream press (since it would go against the interests of the media owners), so they have to write about celebrities and other meaningless nonsense to keep the sheeple in the dark.

They write about things that bring in punters, if our brain dead celeb obsessed culture demands stories about Jordan's tits then that's what they'll get. You don't have to keep people in the dark, they do it for themselves, news is now entertainment so anything that isn't instantly entertaining, like national bankruptcy, is off the agenda.

As a former journalist I can assure you that 90% of journalism these days is copied in part off forums like this. The print news industry is rapidly approaching a terminal decline and there is no proven, commercially viable alternative online. Personally I blame the BBC for stifling commercial innovation, especially in the field of online news, analysis and comment.

If it wasn't for the evil BBC we could have quality journalism in this country, like FOX... <_<

How does the BBC 'stifle' innovation?