House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Interesting Story

There is a house about a mile or two from me which, when it was sold in the late 1990s, sold for 82K. I was gobsmacked to see it advertised at the start of the year in the local property rag for 375K. This week it is still for sale for 375K.

I have been ill of late - still slowly recovering - and got a visit from a friend today who lives a couple of doors away from this property. It, the price of this particular property, came up in conversation and I was surprised to learn that the person who owns this house is actually a business adviser for a public sector funded QUANGO. In fact, the same said person came to see me about 2 years ago, was very rude to me and did not believe that my clients included people like Microsoft.

Anyhow, my friend told me that this particular business adviser and his wife are, apparently, up to their eyeballs in debt and that on two occasions, so the story goes, his bank manager has physically cut up their credit cards in front of them. The business advsier is apparently being investigated by his own QUANGO and the boys in blue also. My friend said that they were a somewhat dodgy couple and that they lived beyond their means on easy credit.

Makes you think! Beware who you take financial advice from!!!

Guest growl
There is a house about a mile or two from me which, when it was sold in the late 1990s, sold for 82K. I was gobsmacked to see it advertised at the start of the year in the local property rag for 375K. This week it is still for sale for 375K.

I have been ill of late - still slowly recovering - and got a visit from a friend today who lives a couple of doors away from this property. It, the price of this particular property, came up in conversation and I was surprised to learn that the person who owns this house is actually a business adviser for a public sector funded QUANGO. In fact, the same said person came to see me about 2 years ago, was very rude to me and did not believe that my clients included people like Microsoft.

Anyhow, my friend told me that this particular business adviser and his wife are, apparently, up to their eyeballs in debt and that on two occasions, so the story goes, his bank manager has physically cut up their credit cards in front of them. The business advsier is apparently being investigated by his own QUANGO and the boys in blue also. My friend said that they were a somewhat dodgy couple and that they lived beyond their means on easy credit.

Makes you think! Beware who you take financial advice from!!!

That story made me think of the program 'Desperate Housewives' when the FBI turned up to arrest the husband and his wife was arguing with the company that took their sports car way. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Similiar stuff is happening in my village of leafy trees and white picket fences. :blink: