House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Been Away - What's Going On?

Hi,

I've been away from this forum for 5 or 6 months now and have not kept touch with what is happening in the housing market due to illness.

What is the current state of things? Are property prices falling? Is the market stagnant? What are independent experts forecasting?

I looked at my property local rag this week and it was jam-packed full of houses for sale with a great many highlighted as 'Reduced' or 'Back on Market' but the prices seem as ridiculously high as ever.

Thanks,

TMT.

Hi,

I've been away from this forum for 5 or 6 months now and have not kept touch with what is happening in the housing market due to illness.

What is the current state of things? Are property prices falling? Is the market stagnant? What are independent experts forecasting?

I looked at my property local rag this week and it was jam-packed full of houses for sale with a great many highlighted as 'Reduced' or 'Back on Market' but the prices seem as ridiculously high as ever.

Thanks,

TMT.

Property prices in some areas such as London are falling, although most areas are still stagnating and very few are still seeing rises.

TMT, you've missed a whole bunch of stuff.

Somewhere round late June, Bruno's prediction happened ......house prices fell by 90% overnight.

Dr Bubb, in a superbly-managed coup-de-grace, bought Berkshire and parts of Cornwall with his STR fund.

Even with my relatively modest STR fund, I am now typing from a 17-roomed Georgian mansion just outside Gloucester.

As I look out over my 235-acre spread, the sound of country wildlife rings in my ears.....odd, sounds like a 'beeping' noise.....damn, it's my alarm clock.....damn, none of this really happened.....damn....damn......damn....

Welcome back TMT, hope you are feeling better!

Edited by colonel faulkner

In summary:

Right Freds Dead came out and moved in with Gavin.

Dunroamin had a miricle birth with a baby boy. You might have seen her on Trisha for the 'Who's the Daddy' DNA results.

Slater got his hair cut a la Property Guru stylee.

And I ate a bag of crisps.

Edited by shakerbaby

Guest Alright Jack
Hi,

Thanks,

TMT.

Sir.

If you are anything in mind preoccupation as is the mainstay of this forum you will undoubtedle be amazingly dissapointed.

house prices have continued to rise, admittedly more moderately. I think London may have taken a very slight knock but nothing that anyone has really even noticed. The signs are all very positive, great mortgage deals - particularly fixed rate ones are popular right now, very good salaries, high employment and interest rates back on their way down.

Hurrah!

In summary:

Dunroamin had a miricle birth with a baby boy. You might have seen her on Trisha for the 'Who's the Daddy' DNA results.

Oi, keep me out of this.

If house prices are going down on anyone, I am not. :unsure:

In summary:

you know god damn well its yours *shakes fist*

oh well - off down the "sosh" to get a free house for me an the bairn.

(who says HPC is no fun anymore??!!!)