House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IP Newcomer

Crash Jobs

I'm feeling like a change in scene, and without a mortgage there really is little excuse.

So, can anyone think of a lucrative job in the coming crash - things like repossessions (not ballifs, not got the physique) or debt counselling.

Anyone know of any job opportunities out there?

Erm - I suppose the Police? No, erm - something self-employed I think would be good because although you would see earnings drop you're not going to sack yourself and have no pay for 6 months.

The old phrase 'bread and plates' is apt - perhaps something in food or crockery?

Prostitutes always do well.

And burglars

discount shop

in the last recession these popped up everywhere.

preparing houses for auction

when the houses are left, before there put up for sale the mortgage companies often get a firm in to fix broken windows,change locks, clean out the rubbish left that kind of thing.

vehicle repairs

people keep there cars longer and thus repair them instead of buying a new one

selling premium rate scratch cards ect

people try to gamble there way outta debt

Some one gave me a decent idea today. Not going to say what it is outright as I'm going to test and franchise it. Imagine a better cash converters although you need to wait 14 days for the money.

Edited by eek

Undertaker? Think of all the suicidal BTL landlords there will be.

Divorce lawyer or marriage guidance counsellor, think of all those relationships that will be put under pressure.

Edited by Swipe

I reckon get into the security business.

Installing burglar alarms, burglar bars, motion detectors etc.

Easy business to set up, the barriers to entry are low, so make your money then move on when Joe Soap figures it out.

Edited by BandWagon

pretty simple really!

the businesses that stay afloat will do so by becoming more productive(mostly by laying people off and getting machines to do the same work)

....I've been doing this for a good few years now,and I'm extremely busy!!!!!.....I've got contracts lined up until the end of NEXT year!!

the best advice I can give for surviving this downturn is offer something to business that will save them money!.......automation is my speciality so if you have skillls like being able to de-bug c++ then you are onto a winner!