House Price Crash Forum
paulm

Get Alerts For Sales Added To The Land Registry

We've just launched a new feature on www.ourproperty.co.uk that I hope you will find useful.

Basically you can now monitor up to 10 places anywhere in England, Wales or Scotland, and as new sales are recorded with the Land Registry and Registrars of Scotland, we will send you an e-mail with the details and prices of each new sale (approximately once per month).

You simply put in a postcode, and we will watch for sales within 500 metres of that postcode. If you don't know the postcode you can use our lookup tool to find it.

House Price Alert Tool

For example, if you were monitoring CR0 6RS, we would have sent you the following alert this month:

Recent sales within 500 metres of CR0 6RS:

• 32, Ritchie Road, CR0 7AU - Sold for £155,000 on 19/05/2005

• 99, Teevan Road, CR0 6RQ - Sold for £169,000 on 06/05/2005

• 61, Goodhew Road, CR0 6QZ - Sold for £138,000 on 29/03/2005

• 72b, Bingham Road, CR0 7EE - Sold for £394,200 on 09/09/2004

• 45, Davies Close, CR0 6EX - Sold for £120,000 on 27/08/2004

• 52, Davies Close, CR0 6EX - Sold for £122,950 on 29/06/2004

• 24, Goodhew Road, CR0 6JX - Sold for £144,000 on 28/05/2004

• 101, Teevan Road, CR0 6RQ - Sold for £159,950 on 21/05/2004

• 7c, Inglis Road, CR0 6QW - Sold for £163,000 on 15/03/2004

• B Flat, 29, Inglis Road, CR0 6QW - Sold for £280,000 on 12/02/2004

These were all the new records that the Land Registry gave us in its most recent update. As you can see, some of the sales go back as far as February 2004, which gives you an idea of how long it can take for some sales to be recorded with the LR.

I think you will find this feature really useful if you are wanting to monitor trends in house prices in certain towns around the country.

House Price Alert Tool

Anyway, let me know what you think. Your feedback is always welcome.

Regards,

Paul

paul at ourproperty dot co dot uk

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Sorry would like to sign up but request for personal details with reference to address to close for comfort. Giving my postcode and house number makes me easily identified by electoral register. Bang another address to be sold off for junk mail. I have learnt never to put faith in privacy policies. <_<

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

Hi Charlie,

I can assure you that we would never pass on your personal details to any 3rd parties, and if we contact you by e-mail or post at all you will always be given the opportunity to "unsubscribe" from any further communication from ourselves.

Since we are building a personalised service it is important for us to be able to present our users with the information most relevant to them, and of course this means at some stage we will need to know their address if we are to give them localised property data.

We take people's privacy very seriously and so any personalised information such as people's addresses will be kept securely on our servers for our internal use only.

We have big plans for the site in terms of the information we want to provide, and we also want this to always be free, so with this in mind, we feel that it is reasonable for us to request the information we do from our users.

If however, you don't feel comfortable with entering your address on our site, then that is your decision and we respect that, but should you change your mind then I can personally assure you, as a Co-Founder of OurProperty, that your details will be kept in the strictest of confidence.

Regards,

Paul

Guest growl

Brilliant idea. I'm always chatting to people in my area who tell me they have their property on the market for so much, or how much they got for it. Then after they've sold and its a few months later I find out on the village wire that it was for a lot less and they have been fibbing.

So I think I might sign up for that service. Saves me time, and could be quite amusing. Thanks. :)