House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth

Land And Building - The New Gold Rush

Well spotted Elizabeth. I must make an offer immediately. After all what else could I buy for 40k which would enhance my quality of life better than this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Let's see now: ONE garage in a yard that could be best described as "challenged" visually. Oh how I yearn for this bargain where I can store my treasured 1996 Ford mondeo.

On the other hand, for 40k, I could rent a luxury pad for 3 years, or go round the world 16 times, or buy a wonderful grand piano. The choice is simple....it's the garage......what else could I look back on as an historic moment to treasure.

Note: Some real person actually placed this ad and apparently did not flinch when asked to put the tag of 40k. How's that for being "detached".

VP

This is right in the middle of Bayswater, and next to Hyde Park.

Some chappie will happily pay that to house his 150 grand Ferrari or Bentley.

Question is, could you fit a Ferrari into 166 sq ft? Could you open the doors?

Or maybe you could get planning permission and turn it into a pied-a-terre, easily get £200k in that location.

The selling price is 40000/166= £240/sq ft.

That's not too expensive for the area (watch the short lease)

How scary is THAT?

Edited by BandWagon

If you can get £200 a month in rent (the saving on the Ferrari's insurance should cover that), that gives you a 6% yield, much better than you'd get on residential property in the area.

With parking becoming more difficult to find in London, it might turn out to be a better investment than a flat.

When this housing crash is over, I'm buying a house with plenty of off-street parking.

Edited by BandWagon

This is  right in the middle of Bayswater, and next to Hyde Park.

Some chappie will happily pay that to house his 150 grand Ferrari or Bentley.

Question is, could you fit a Ferrari into 166 sq ft? Could you open the doors?

Or maybe you could get planning permission and turn it into a pied-a-terre, easily get £200k in that location.

The selling price is 40000/166= £240/sq ft.

That's not too expensive for the area (watch the short lease)

How scary is THAT?

You must be joking. I wouldn't park a turd in that place. central london has its fair share of sink estates you know.