House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mslondon

Brokers

Are brokers any good in helping with the buying process or do they make no difference at all?

Only if you can't read. Since the national scandal of mis-sold endowments by a thousands of "brokers", as yet not ONE of which has ever been brought to account, lenders are a bit more straightforward about what they offer. With the proliferation of net based lenders who explain a lot more than they used to I just cannot see the point of paying a broker to do the job you can do for free.

VP

I used to think they were a waste of space however I have changed my mind.

What I did not realise is that Brokers are given much cheaper rates by the Banks, to beat the competition. These rates are only available to Brokers, if you went into your highstreet bank under your own steam you would not be offered the Brokers rate.

The Advert "Brand new customers only" is pretty much spot on when it comes to borrowing.

Brokers don't just get you a good rate - they can help with service too. So if you need a quick offer they will find a fast-track lender that will take 5 working days. Or if you don't mind waiting 5 weeks just go direct to Northern Rock!