House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wishful Thinking

90 Jobs To Go In Bodmin, Cornwall

Bad news for Bodmin and Cornwall....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4163622.stm

In the last 10 years, new builds have mushroomed around Bodmin, wherever you turn, there seem to be a brand new housing estate. Where are the new jobs going to come from? With 3 bed terraces now averaging £200,000 and most jobs advertised at £12k in the press, where the hell are they going to find jobs to pay the mortgage... I think we're in for troubling times ahead in this part of the UK.

Also, just heard one of my colleague's got an interest only mortgage, as that's all they could afford, and they've just had a baby too... I feel sorry for them, they are very concerned for the future as almost all their income goes towards paying the mortgage.

Bad news for Bodmin and Cornwall....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4163622.stm

In the last 10 years, new builds have mushroomed around Bodmin, wherever you turn, there seem to be a brand new housing estate. Where are the new jobs going to come from?  With 3 bed terraces now averaging £200,000 and most jobs advertised at £12k in the press, where the hell are they going to find jobs to pay the mortgage...  I think we're in for troubling times ahead in this part of the UK.

Also, just heard one of my colleague's got an interest only mortgage, as that's all they could afford, and they've just had a baby too...  I feel sorry for them, they are very concerned for the future as almost all their income goes towards paying the mortgage.

In Dogbin, as the locals call it there is an estate with new build 4-bed houses at £495K!! They are nice but they are in Bodmin.

In Dogbin, as the locals call it there is an estate with new build 4-bed houses at £495K!! They are nice but they are in Bodmin.

they are also trying to sell 2 bed flats in a 'mews' in the street containing the Hole in the Wall pub for about 200k. Nearly gave myself a coronary laughing when I saw it in the Cornish Guardian last week. You could buy a lovely home in a village nearby for 495k. New build prices in the Snozzle-Roche-Bugle area are unsurprisingly being slashed at present, so I have no doubt Bodmin is next on the list and well deserved it is, too.