House Price Crash Forum

Getting your company to pay for the recharge is cunning and unlikely to last long term if many people want to do that!

Hats off to you though, this is an excellent move.

I only ever charge my mobile, GPS receiver and Bluetooth Handsfree Speaker when i am at work driving my HGV, using the companys fuel, the next thing i get will be a AA/AAA battery charger that runs off 12v/24v. Every little helps. :lol:

I've been using my electric bike for nearly a year, almost every day.

It costs less than 5p a day to run (for 8 miles a day)

I don't have the strength to bike that distance to work, the electric bike makes it possible.

Totally recommended! But make sure you get a nice simple one based on a regular bike that you can service cheaply. For legality, best to go for a "Pedelec" which will only go when it is being pedalled.

Here is another auction that ends in a few hours....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Bike-Baby-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

i used to do real cycling, but i ended up being hot and sweaty at the office, a fold up bike would be sensible but there expensive and even more expensive when there electric.  This one folds up a bit, the seat goes down and handle bars fold back, but the real plus is the motor, it sails up gentle hills, and toodles along at 15mph on the flat,  i free wheel it down hills.  Unfortunatly no gears so you have to rely on the motor all the time unless your starting off or going up a steep hill, and want to assist the motor.

Initially bought it as it seemed like a bargain (for what it is), it has frount and rear suspension, very comfortable saddle, rear drum brake! Horn, frount light and brake light...

Commuter car looks interesting, you need to tax and insure it? 0-60 in 4 seconds, Mmmmm sounds um interesting, an electric car that will wipe the floor

ebay seems to have new folding electric bikes for a bit more...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-PANTHER-Folding-...bayphotohosting

I wouldn't recommend buying from an ebay seller with less than 99% feedback, or been a member for 6 months.