House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Greedy Self-centred Obnoxious People

Earlier this evening I could not believe what I witnessed first hand on the motorway and at 65 mph. I was driving along at said speed in the 'slow' lane when I was approaching a slip road joining on to the motorway. Being the rush hour and noticing at least 10 cars accelerating to speed to join the motorway I indicated right, noticed a great deal of free space in the middle lane and thus changed lane only for a driver in a strangly clinically clean chrome lined dick head 4x4 wagon 30 metres behind me flash, curse, and toot at me for daring to consider moving in front of him to let the said 10 or so cars freely join the motorway. In my wee car I was trying to be considerate driver whilst he was acting like a selfish twit.

My blood boils at the thought and actions of such people! :angry:

Earlier this evening I could not believe what I witnessed first hand on the motorway and at 65 mph. I was driving along at said speed in the 'slow' lane when I was approaching a slip road joining on to the motorway. Being the rush hour and noticing at least 10 cars accelerating to speed to join the motorway I indicated right, noticed a great deal of free space in the middle lane and thus changed lane only for a driver in a strangly clinically clean chrome lined dick head 4x4 wagon 30 metres behind me flash, curse, and toot at me for daring to consider moving in front of him to let the said 10 or so cars freely join the motorway. In my wee car I was trying to be considerate driver whilst he was acting like a selfish twit.

Indeed, why he wasn't permanently in the fast lane is inexplicable, what a twit B)

On the M6 around Canock up to Manchester there seems to be perpetual road works with 40 restrictions (usually 50mph innit), it's amazing watching people blast through these at 70mph+ like it's advisory or something. Problem is there are SPEC's cameras all over the shop and most of them will have a nasty suprise drop thru the door shortly, this isn't about slowing down for a few fixed cameras (though I've seen plenty 'flash' past those on the M42 works) they measure average speed on sizable distances.

These are set to become permanent fixtures on the M6 past J11, so you've been warned if you like to cain it up to Cheshire. Obviously they pick the locations well, anything below J11 would be pointless, being able to speed through the Birmingham patch would be a pleasure.

My blood boils at the thought and actions of such people!  :angry:

Doesn't really matter, turn up the stereo, slow down, drive sensibly, whatever, there will always be idiots who think driving on public roads is some form of GP.

My experience with a 4x4 driver was a little more chilling... I was driving down the freeway at >65mph (a little over the speed limit and faster than most) and noticed a car ahead reversing in the far right lane straight ahead of me!! Now my car is a low slung old Alfa sports car and couldn't obstruct anyone behinds view. I thought it appropriate to slow down a bit to avoid a fatal collision with the car that was reversing in the fast lane ahead of me. At this moment a 4x4 (that I'd recently overtaken) came up behind me and started to toot their horn and flash their lights in an attempt to overtake me. I was really trying to get out of the right lane but it was all turning into a very ugly situation very quickly. I barged out of the right lane, hit the anchors and got out of the way. Somehow the idiot in the 4x4 missed the reversing car by inches and didn't roll as he swerved violently to avoid it. And to cap it off after mossying past the reversing traffic stunt driver and getting back up to speed I soon passed the f*** wit in the 4x4 again. To this day I still dont know how the 4x4 missed the reversing car, at the time I was positive he'd kill both himself, the people in the reversing car and tangle me in the carnage. If the road had been any busier it would have been impossible to avoid.

And 4x4 drivers say that a higher sitting position and a better view of the road is one of a 4x4s safety points and a big plus - f*** wits.

Most drivers are twits!

Oh, and err.. aren't house prices high!

:lol::lol:

I sort of pulled out in front of someone the otherday, it actually wasn't bad at all, just a normal pull out, but he was going to fast and had to slow. I had the cat in the car going to the vets, the cat was being his usual calm collected self, MEWing (pun intended) his little head off, sweating like a rapist in church and hurting his paws trying to get out of his box. All very stressful if you are caring daddy.

The bloke was behind me for about 8 miles, and when I turned off, after being together for about 15 minutes he gave me the bird!

I mean, he must have harboured nasty thoughts all the way until I turned off and when he thought it was safe to pull the bird.

I thought to myself, mmmm, if you only knew how I was a member of this site, you would HATE me!!!

I sort of pulled out in front of someone the otherday, it actually wasn't bad at all, just a normal pull out, but he was going to fast and had to slow. I had the cat in the car going to the vets, the cat was being his usual calm collected self, MEWing (pun intended) his little head off, sweating like a rapist in church and hurting his paws trying to get out of his box. All very stressful if you are caring daddy.

Why don’t you put a sign in your back window.

FINANCIALLY IRRESPONSIBLE

PUSSY

ON BOARD

My blood boils at the thought and actions of such people!  :angry:

I actually like to let people out of junctions when im on my motorbike especially if there is a 4x4 or boy-racer behind me.

It puts them back in thier place for just a second by them realising that yes they too have to stop if my little bike makes them.

I do find though that people are a little more reluctant to swear and beep at bikers

:lol:

4x4s do give their occupants a greater sense of security but, sadly, this quickly turns into dangerous contempt for other road users.

In my part of the world there have been, alarmingly, several fatalities in the past year where a 4x4 has hit a 'normal' car - the fatality always being in the normal sized vehicle.

Have your fun by making them reverse. Whenever I meet a 4X4 on a narrow road in the city and where the likelyhood is that a woman will be driving I wait for them to reverse and sit back and enjoy watching them try! This is one way of making them realise how inappropriate their vehicles are for city driving.

Problem is there are SPEC's cameras all over the shop and most of them will have a nasty suprise drop thru the door shortly, this isn't about slowing down for a few fixed cameras (though I've seen plenty 'flash' past those on the M42 works) they measure average speed on sizable distances.

Feeling ignorant - what are SPEC cameras? How do they differ from normal - do you still see the lines on the road? I do the M5/M6 journey a lot and have never seen them nor had a thing through the letter box... :unsure:

Thanks

Two licence plate recognition cameras a certain distance apart that measure your average speed to cover that distance. A ticket will be sent automatically. They can be seen above overhead signs(esp M42) and on bridges(not the green cameras).

4x4 owners with personalized plates...there cannot be a more corrosive personality.

Feeling ignorant - what are SPEC cameras?  How do they differ from normal - do you still see the lines on the road?  I do the M5/M6 journey a lot and have never seen them nor had a thing through the letter box... :unsure:

Thanks

watch out for the Spec's evil twin sister too- the Truvelo. Spotted the first of these on the A1 last weekend. Forward facing camera so you can't slow down when you get to the camera and they have photo evidence of the driver so you can't get out of a ticket by claiming you don't know who was driving.

Hey - I can't be the only 4x4 owner on here can I!?

I rent a barn in the middle of nowhere - a fiesta couldn't cope...

I don't think anyone has an issue with 4x4s in the countryside. It's the chelsea tractors that are the problem.

I would hazard a guess that you don't drive a BMW X5 with cream leather interior and deep pile carpets.

Indeed, why he wasn't permanently in the fast lane is inexplicable, what a twit  B)

On the M6 around Canock up to Manchester there seems to be perpetual road works with 40 restrictions (usually 50mph innit), it's amazing watching people blast through these at 70mph+ like it's advisory or something. Problem is there are SPEC's cameras all over the shop and most of them will have a nasty suprise drop thru the door shortly, this isn't about slowing down for a few fixed cameras (though I've seen plenty 'flash' past those on the M42 works) they measure average speed on sizable distances.

These are set to become permanent fixtures on the M6 past J11, so you've been warned if you like to cain it up to Cheshire. Obviously they pick the locations well, anything below J11 would be pointless, being able to speed through the Birmingham patch would be a pleasure.

I'll take note of that as I live just off the M54 and inlaws live in Lancashire, so we're always trailing up and down the fecking M6!

I wish all motorways were like the M6 toll, thats lovely and quiet.

watch out for the Spec's evil twin sister too- the Truvelo. Spotted the first of these on the A1 last weekend. Forward facing camera so you can't slow down when you get to the camera and they have photo evidence of the driver so you can't get out of a ticket by claiming you don't know who was driving.

Erm....which bit of the A1 is that? I was in N Yorks last weekend and drove *ahem* slightly over the speed limit.

*looks worried* :unsure:

Getting a bit O/T i know but, do they still have to show signs to say cameras in area?

Grrr. I'd love to know the leeway on those things. Urban myth that police can give you 10% but you never know.

By the way I do not adocate speeding at all, just at 10pm on a Sat night on the M5, I'm not so concerned at maintaining speed bang on 69 miles per hour for the journey. I really do not want the points on my licence but feel I'm better watching the road than the speedo.

I don't own a car-can't handle the stress of driving and am a tight b******. Anyway, I like to read the newspaper on the bus. Arrive at work well chilled.

But occasionally I have to hire one. I don't understrand this aggressive tailgating which happens. It appears to me to be very dangerous and tantamount to saying 'f*** off out of the way you small d*cked loser in your rented micra'.

Which is what happened to me today , on several occasions, in the slow lane when I was doing (?) 75mph on the A52 on the way to derby.

Relevance to HPC?

Completing on Monday. Thought I might need a motor.

BTW- the seats in the micra are really uncomfortable. At least the driver's is.

:lol:  :lol:

I sort of pulled out in front of someone the otherday, it actually wasn't bad at all, just a normal pull out, but he was going to fast and had to slow. I

Helllllllooooo? You mean you pulled out and caused someone to change speed or direction?

Major fault on your driving test.

I think that people should be retested every ten years.

The govt keeps perstering new drivers, drunk drivers, tired drivers, so why not target crap drivers?

Every ten years with a one year grace in which to take the test and pass or have to have a few lessons and retake. If you don't pass within that year you should have to drive as if a learner.