House Price Crash Forum

Finchley Road London Nw11

Hi all

I am in the proccess of selling up for business related reasons in Golders Green. Would be interested to hear from anyone selling or buying in the past few months. :unsure:

Alllllloooo my deeeeeers

selling ya say,well ive just sold a pair of shoes on ebay,and as for buying,just bought a dona kebab,you cant beat em :D

That's hardly the quality of response that one expects on here. After listening to some much BS from agents I thought that I'd ask for some unbiased advice.

To explain a bit more. I have a large family house in excellent order on the Finchley Road. six beds, 4 receps garage loads of off street. I had it on three years ago at £2.4M which was a bit cheeky as I was just hoping someone (probably a dodgy Russian or someone Jewish) would buy it. The agaents at the time told me that it would sell at £1.7M. Anyway to cut it short a bit I need to sell it for at least £1.2M in the next couple of months.

For my sins I have got myself involved in a stupid bit of litigation that is about to sink my business and I am looking for a parachute out of the whole mess.

I am sure that there is someone on here who can advise me and may even find it beneficial to themselves.

:)

That's hardly the quality of response that one expects on here. After listening to some much BS from agents I thought that I'd ask for some unbiased advice.

To explain a bit more. I have a large family house in excellent order on the Finchley Road. six beds, 4 receps garage loads of off street. I had it on three years ago at £2.4M which was a bit cheeky as I was just hoping someone (probably a dodgy Russian or someone Jewish) would buy it. The agaents at the time told me that it would sell at £1.7M. Anyway to cut it short a bit I need to sell it for at least £1.2M in the next couple of months.

For my sins I have got myself involved in a stupid bit of litigation that is about to sink my business and I am looking for a parachute out of the whole mess.

I am sure that there is someone on here who can advise me and may even find it beneficial to themselves.

:)

Hi,

we are trying to buy in the area (NW3, NW11). All the good houses priced reasonably are going to sealed bids in a few days. Where is your property exactly? If it is on the Finchley Road (even the quiet end, NW11), I doubt it is worth anything like 1.7m. There was a huge house (3,500 sq ft) in Finchley Road (NW11) for sale at about 1m. It was on the market for a long time and it only sold recently (I don't know for how much). It is different if the house is in one of the streets off Finchley Road. My advice is look at what similar houses in the area sold for, apply a discount if the house is on Finchley Road itself and you will sell very quickly.

Hi,

we are trying to buy in the area (NW3, NW11). All the good houses priced reasonably are going to sealed bids in a few days. Where is your property exactly? If it is on the Finchley Road (even the quiet end, NW11), I doubt it is worth anything like 1.7m. There was a huge house (3,500 sq ft) in Finchley Road (NW11) for sale at about 1m. It was on the market for a long time and it only sold recently (I don't know for how much). It is different if the house is in one of the streets off Finchley Road. My advice is look at what similar houses in the area sold for, apply a discount if the house is on Finchley Road itself and you will sell very quickly.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24830983.html?premiumA=true. Mine is actually on the Finchley Road 2mins from this 1. I would class mine as being better than it. Due to external factors I need to sell very quickly. It's just hard not to get bogged down in estate agent B/S when they say they have cash buyers when they don't. I need a confirmed buyer as I need to borrow money for an upcoming legal action I am on the wrong end of. If I don't sell I could end up having it sold from underneath me for a rep sale. :(

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24830983.html?premiumA=true. Mine is actually on the Finchley Road 2mins from this 1. I would class mine as being better than it. Due to external factors I need to sell very quickly. It's just hard not to get bogged down in estate agent B/S when they say they have cash buyers when they don't. I need a confirmed buyer as I need to borrow money for an upcoming legal action I am on the wrong end of. If I don't sell I could end up having it sold from underneath me for a rep sale. :(

You've just answered the question. Price the property to sell quickly.

My worry is that because I had the thing on the market with the local agents for so long at a speculative price then they will get me back on the way down. I literally have to get a sale agreed so I can square up my overdraft. I need substantial cash to contest a libel action that has been going on since 2,005. If I lose I may as well give up as the costs against me will be humungous. If i can't get my hands on some cash quickly I can't go to trial and I lose by default.

I don't want to stick it on at £1M when I could get maybe £1.3M off same buyer. I am finding it nigh on impossible to get a real mark on where I stand.

Thanks for all comments even the sarcastic 1's :(

My worry is that because I had the thing on the market with the local agents for so long at a speculative price then they will get me back on the way down. I literally have to get a sale agreed so I can square up my overdraft. I need substantial cash to contest a libel action that has been going on since 2,005. If I lose I may as well give up as the costs against me will be humungous. If i can't get my hands on some cash quickly I can't go to trial and I lose by default.

I don't want to stick it on at £1M when I could get maybe £1.3M off same buyer. I am finding it nigh on impossible to get a real mark on where I stand.

Thanks for all comments even the sarcastic 1's :(

Hi,

I will come and have a look at it as we are looking for a house in the area. Why don't you send me your email address and I will contact you? You could save the agents fee if we cone to an agreement. Let me know...

Hi,

I will come and have a look at it as we are looking for a house in the area. Why don't you send me your email address and I will contact you? You could save the agents fee if we cone to an agreement. Let me know...

Send me your details and I will be in touch. username here @hotmail.co.uk if that helps.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I am in the proccess of selling up for business related reasons in Golders Green. Would be interested to hear from anyone selling or buying in the past few months. :unsure:

I wondered if your property is still for sale. If so, I might well be interested. Please let me know ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All I can say is if you are desperate to sell, you need to accept a lower price than you'd like.

Try selling at auction.

Romanian prince wins libel battle

Prince Radu of Romania accepted a public apology and ''substantial'' damages in the High Court in Londonover ''extremely grave'' magazine allegations about his title.

The ''extremely serious allegations'' had caused him ''considerable distress and embarrassment''.

His distress was further exacerbated by the fact that the allegations were ''defended over a period of some six years''.

As well as the damages - which were not disclosed in court - the defendants had agreed to pay his legal costs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/lawreports/7892233/Romanian-prince-wins-libel-battle.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalty_Magazine

Desperate he must be suicidal now after that :P Six year libel action, paying carter Ruck's costs :blink:

If it looks like a forced seller, walks like a forced seller, talks like a forced seller and smells like a forced seller then it is a forced seller :D

Edited by Jeremy Kocoba

Romanian prince wins libel battle

Prince Radu of Romania accepted a public apology and ''substantial'' damages in the High Court in Londonover ''extremely grave'' magazine allegations about his title.

The ''extremely serious allegations'' had caused him ''considerable distress and embarrassment''.

His distress was further exacerbated by the fact that the allegations were ''defended over a period of some six years''.

As well as the damages - which were not disclosed in court - the defendants had agreed to pay his legal costs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/lawreports/7892233/Romanian-prince-wins-libel-battle.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalty_Magazine

Desperate he must be suicidal now after that :P Six year libel action, paying carter Ruck's costs :blink:

If it looks like a forced seller, walks like a forced seller, talks like a forced seller and smells like a forced seller then it is a forced seller :D

805.JPG

post-25929-12792372222033_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

It says that the property was on Rightmove in 2008 for £2.4M. No sign of it now. Does anyone know how to retrieve it's listings as I am fairly curious now.

Seems complicated but he has a mortgage off Prince Paul of Romania for €2M in 2007 and listed for €2.4M afterwards. Looks like this Paul has been had over :P

The owner of the house borrowed €2M off Prince Paul of Romania using this property as security in 2007. Shortly afterwards Mr Houston put the house on the market @£2.4M which seems a tad optimistic. I wonder if there are any other loans secured against this house? How much has he borrowed against it in total? What's it worth now? £1-£1.5M maybe?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...