House Price Crash Forum

Lack Of For Sale Signs?

HOLA441

I have noticed a lot of sold signs in my area but not many for sale signs. This does not tally up as the number of properties actually for sale on rightmove has increased dramatically.

After a bit of investigation I have realised that they are not putting for sale signs on all of the houses for sale on rightmove and in their windows. However, as soon as a house sells a sign seems to go up with a sold sign on it!

A clever new tactic from estate agents? It certainly has a visual effect as you drive past sold signs or are they just low on signs?

Have you noticed this in your areas?

Supply has expanded dramatically in my area.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I have noticed a lot of sold signs in my area but not many for sale signs. This does not tally up as the number of properties actually for sale on rightmove has increased dramatically.

After a bit of investigation I have realised that they are not putting for sale signs on all of the houses for sale on rightmove and in their windows. However, as soon as a house sells a sign seems to go up with a sold sign on it!

A clever new tactic from estate agents? It certainly has a visual effect as you drive past sold signs or are they just low on signs?

Often houses go on the market without signs outside. Seems some folk want to fish for buyers without the neighbours knowing. Maybe they owe money and are planning a flit!

HOLA444
HOLA445

I see plenty of places without a for sale sign that are marketed on rightmove. I think some people prefer not to have them for whatever reason. Probably sick of people staring through the windows! Or at least they would have been when there was a few buyers in the market.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Happening in my area too. Two sold signs up without a sign of the for sale bit, but both properties had gone under offer at asking price within days of them coming onto the market maybe the agent didnt have a chance - gulp.

HOLA448

Happening in my area too. Two sold signs up without a sign of the for sale bit, but both properties had gone under offer at asking price within days of them coming onto the market maybe the agent didnt have a chance - gulp.

Not the situation here, thankfully! Loads hanging around on RM for ages, but no 'for sale' signs on many of them!

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I had friend in the EA business,me and my mates would let them put sold signs up in our gardens for a "drink",incidently he was a "financial adviser" he had 20k worth of debt,and he rented a house off me for 2 years and saw my house he was living in go from £55k to £80k,canyt stand the job title "financial adviser" oh and his suit came from Primark,but he had a merc......on lease!!!!! :D

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Could be a local tactic or could be that they have run out of for sale sale signs in my area, I have never seen so much supply!

My neighbour had to wait for 2 weeks for her "For Sale" sign to turn up, because the estate agent had already used up all of his supply, and had to order new ones.

HOLA4413

Totally opposite from what is happening around here. Lots coming on the market and almost no sales in the last month according to rightmove. Quite a change from a few months back when things were selling in days.

Significant drops in asking prices are also starting to appear.

HOLA4414
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I heard that Estate Agents are so badly off these days that they're having to use all their signs to fashion dwellings for themselves.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417