House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
verolution

Charitable Fund To Promote This Site

I was thinking we could all chip in a few quid each and stick up some google ad words to hpc.co.uk.

The search terms first time buyer, mortgage and property prices would be a start :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone fancy organising it?

I think it would be a better idea to to target these words to show in a normal search,

We could do with some finance tools and more advice pages

eg

Mortgage Calculator

House price estimator

true worth (based on either rent cost or floor area)

mortgage repayments to wage comparer (% of wage etc)

MPC rate mood barometer (based on last minutes)

YOY Price increase barometer

I could think of loads, people like easy to use stuff and I think the HPC front page is a bit of a monster to get your head around.

What about a featured Ebay listing with the HPC 'gonna crash' video inserted? It would cost around £10 and you would have to have something 'for sale' - maybe the First Time Buyer Help Leaflet for 0.01p, sold by return email?

I have a small ebay business selling toys and regularly get over 1000 people viewing the 10 day featured listings, so with the brilliant video playing away, I would guess they would be double or treble that - people would send the link to their mates for a laugh.

Just an idea !

I think it would be a better idea to to target these words to show in a normal search,

I could think of loads, people like easy to use stuff and I think the HPC front page is a bit of a monster to get your head around.

Yeah its a bit crowded earnest 70s isn't it?... but then I always did like retro!!!

Google often offers trial Adwords vouchers for £50 a throw - keep an eye on trade mags like NewMediaAge.

Beyond that I'm happy to offer the owner some free consultancy re: optimising the site for natural searches if they want it.

It's probably very difficult to optimise it enough to appear at the top for searches like mortgage (too much competition) but there are bound to be related niche key phrases that could perform well.

We could do with some finance tools and more advice pages

eg

Mortgage Calculator

House price estimator

true worth (based on either rent cost or floor area)

mortgage repayments to wage comparer (% of wage etc)

MPC rate mood barometer (based on last minutes)

YOY Price increase barometer

Good point, try finding a rent/pruchase comparison tool on the web that allows you to put in negative captial appreciation - they come up with "Error, negative numbers not allowed" :lol: