House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
picnic

Lewis Sussex

Hi

Could anybody give any info on a 2 bed with garden flat in Grange rd Lewis?

How is your market? I know somebody who wants to buy,but I need a little hard evidence about local market conditions. Many thanks PICNIC

Do you mean Lewes?

If so, there's lots for sale. Plenty of choice!

Grange road is in a nice quiet area of the town. I hope this place your friend is looking at has some parking though. Lewes District Council have within the last year put in a parking scheme so everywhere in the centre of the town you will now have to pay.

Resident permits cost £50 per year, but even then you're not guaranteed a parking space!

There are lots of nice surrounding villages. The further east you go, the cheaper they get.

yes lewes sorry

Great info thankyou. Does anybody have any really upto date info if so please post as my friend is STILL considering a purchase.

How much below asking price would be reasonable in the current market?

yes lewes sorry

Great info thankyou. Does anybody have any really upto date info if so please post as my friend is STILL considering a purchase.

How much below asking price would be reasonable in the current market?

Hi,

I've been watching the market closely for about a year now. (There are lots of places for sale.) Is your friend a FTB? What sort of property are they after?

We're looking at 2-3 bedroom places and prices vary enormously.

Prices are the lowest on Landport which is the old council estate. Prices range from £160k - £200k here.

I would then say Malling comes next. Typical 2 bedroom terraces are currently being advertised between £170k and £190k and the bigger 3-4 bedroom EOT are between £180k and £200k.

The centre of the town is the most expensive and prices start at £140k for a 1 bed flat. A nice 2 bed victorian terrace would be around £200k. Houses are lots more...