House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

Sly Ba*terd Newspapers!

I'm really p**sed off with the local newspaper (http://www/thisisbradford.co.uk) Telegraph & Argus. I rang them to ask them to post the latest results from rightmove about bradford properties losing 1.5% value in a month. They fobbed me off and told me that they'll let me know if they decide to post it latest by Tue afternoon (yesterday).

Its wednesday today, so I rang them to speak to the editor and the ***** says that he's doesn't need to as survey's come out everyday and rightmove isn't very popular survey! Then the cheeky bugger tells me that they already have posted loads of "BALANCED" articles about house prices and there's no need for more. I asked him to show me a few and he fobs me off by saying that he's got a deadline to meet and that I should leave my number with him, so that he can get back later.

Now I can tell you that due to T&A trying to make bradford look like a bright future as they've been paid by the government and private companies, they won't be publishing anything negative, especially concerning house prices. It just gets to me that some innocent sod will end up buying in a town thinking its one of the high flying areas that everyone should move to, even though its a total-s*it-hole!!! :angry:

Guest Guy_Montag

Our local free paper (Durham Advertiser) had a headline in it's property section with some thing like:

Prices on the rise again: the uncertanty of the last few months is over & we can now announce that house prices have rise 1.5% since the start of the year.

Now I can't be sure, but I'm pretty certain that house prices round hear rose by more than that in the first quarter.

I'm really p**sed off with the local newspaper (http://www/thisisbradford.co.uk) Telegraph & Argus.  I rang them to ask them to post the latest results from rightmove about bradford properties losing 1.5% value in a month.  They fobbed me off and told me that they'll let me know if they decide to post it latest by Tue afternoon (yesterday).

Its wednesday today, so I rang them to speak to the editor and the ***** says that he's doesn't need to as survey's come out everyday and rightmove isn't very popular survey! Then the cheeky bugger tells me that they already have posted loads of "BALANCED" articles about house prices and there's no need for more.  I asked him to show me a few and he fobs me off by saying that he's got a deadline to meet and that I should leave my number with him, so that he can get back later.

Now I can tell you that due to T&A trying to make bradford look like a bright future as they've been paid by the government and private companies, they won't be publishing anything negative, especially concerning house prices.  It just gets to me that some innocent sod will end up buying in a town thinking its one of the high flying areas that everyone should move to, even though its a total-s*it-hole!!!  :angry:

don't worry, no sane person would want to live anywhere near Bradford. It is as you say, a total s*it hole :P

don't worry, no sane person would want to live anywhere near Bradford. It is as you say, a total s*it hole  :P

Made me laugh anyway :)

Long live the scathing-but-not-really British sort of humour!

Made me laugh anyway :)

Long live the scathing-but-not-really British sort of humour!

True, but some people have little choice where they live, and local rags such as those in Bradford are too reliant on bull-$hit EA spin for a living to tell it like it is.

Soon the property sections will be used for a function normally associated with "tissue" paper....or perhaps they already are.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

True, but some people have little choice where they live

Horsesh*t, I'm not aware of any law stopping anyone in this country from moving about, the only thing stopping the bog rat from leaving the sewer is the rat.

That is a really shitty attitude, beauty is in the eye etc.

Its who you know, the local community and the detailed knowledge that only someone who has lived somewhere a while that like a place.

Not the predjudiced eyes of someone whole may not even have dne any more than passs through.

Maybe Bradford is an exciting multicultural city on the midst of beautiful countryside.