House Price Crash Forum

The Debt Based Economic System

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pissed up mob don't tell you that its moral when they smash your shop up. They don't expect you to pay them to do it either, or buy their lager.

In any event. To counteract a mob with a bigger, better armed mob is insanity as a solution to the problem of mobs using force!

Your words cannot be taken seriously as they never offer any viable alternative for keeping the human propensity for violence in check.

Different cultures, from different countries, have different systems to keep humn beings under control. None are perfect (explain perfection please), but a system of some sort is always necessary. Laws will always evolve once humn beings congregate together in families.

You ask many questions and offer many counter arguments but always fall down on offering an understandable answer to the question : how do we keep human behaviour from deteriorating into its worst excesses, which are always lying jut under the surface, of any so called civilised society.

You think the police and TV license enforcement guys offer violence towards you.

Then you do not know what violence is.

Your words cannot be taken seriously as they never offer any viable alternative for keeping the human propensity for violence in check.

Different cultures, from different countries, have different systems to keep humn beings under control. None are perfect (explain perfection please), but a system of some sort is always necessary. Laws will always evolve once humn beings congregate together in families.

You ask many questions and offer many counter arguments but always fall down on offering an understandable answer to the question : how do we keep human behaviour from deteriorating into its worst excesses, which are always lying jut under the surface, of any so called civilised society.

You think the police and TV license enforcement guys offer violence towards you.

Then you do not know what violence is.

Wht do you replace a fire with?

This issue gets raised time and again, unfortunately people like Michael Rowbotham are deeply misled confused individuals who insist on leading many others down this intellectual dead end.

Well his arguements sound quite reasonable to me so far . . . .

First off, there's nothing wrong with charging people for the creation of money, despite claims that banks are making money out of 'thin air' it still costs money to provide their services. Banks have to pay staff, they need to pay taxes and shareholders, they need to rent buildings and they need tools like computers etc. All this costs, so one way or another banks will have to charge and it doesn't matter whether this is interest or charged at a flat rate.

So say for example I go into a bank and take out a £80,000 mortgage. The bank employees may spend say around an hour, maybe two, checking my credit rating and drawing up a contract. Then they create £80,000 worth of new money by typing a few digits into a computer. So for a few hours wages and overheads the bank has turned me into a debt slave who continually pays a substancial amount of my weekly wage to them for the next twenty five years or so. How can that possibly be fair? It sounds more like an extortion racket.

Also, even if currency system was fundamentally unstable

which it is

it wouldn't be an economic issue at all. It would be a tehcnical one. People often argue that there isn't enough money because banks lend it at interest, I don't believe that this is true,

It's an indesputable fact.

If we gathered up every coin and note in circulation there wouldn't be anywhere near enough money to repay all debts in full.

Its not in the banks interest for there not to be enough money because it would mean they wouldn't get paid, nobody wants that. We need to ensure that people pay their debts and the money supply is used to that end, not highjacked so that people cannot perform their obligations to one another. It would be totally self defeating!

Banks currently get paid because people are continually borrowing on 'future' wealth to pay off the debts of today. The system almost fell apart but our wonderful governments around the world were so scared of the fallout from the system collapsing they became lenders of last resort, creating even more government debt. As soon as any 'major' Government defaults on it's debts the whole debt mountain will implode IMO.

Edited by Setantii

Explain work

Provide an actual solution to the problem it claims to solve.

The legal thinking is this -

Humans are violent, unruly and corrupt. Therefore we need to give some of them a monopoly of violence, misrule and corruption.

Next thing we know, it's worl war time.

Provide an actual solution to the problem it claims to solve.

The legal thinking is this -

Humans are violent, unruly and corrupt. Therefore we need to give some of them a monopoly of violence, misrule and corruption.

Next thing we know, it's worl war time.

You talk as if the legal profession is an entity that is all corrupt and malevolent. Laws are not simply rules that fight fire with fire.

World war time will occurr every day without laws. Tribes in South America would raid other tribes and start wars, simply because of their paranoia and built in biological instinct for survival.

You talk as if the legal profession is an entity that is all corrupt and malevolent.

It is.

Laws are not simply rules that fight fire with fire.

Of course they are.

World war time will occurr every day without laws. Tribes in South America would raid other tribes and start wars, simply because of their paranoia and built in biological instinct for survival.

I don't disagree with you.

I am not talking about going back to earlier fantasies, I'm on about accepting the truth. When enough can, a stateless society will happen all by itself.

Edited by Injin