House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
north/south divide

One Unhappy Bunny On Houseprice Chat

Bill Gates

17 Aug '05 10:14 : 0 recs

The website housepricecrash.co.uk (HPC) is encouraging home owners to sell their house bank the money and rent in the hope that they will be able to buy a house more cheaply in a crash. The kind of thing that this website promotes is so irresponsible.

Everyone has the right to make money in their own way, but to set up a website which is attempting to spread rumours about a market crash, causing misery to millions of people. I mean it is like starting a rumour that there is smallpox in the water because you have the patent to the smallpox vaccine. I can hardly speak because I am so cross, I really, really think that it is irresponsible.

The web has enormous power these days which we all recognise, we are of course all constantly concerned and talking about property prices but the idea that a group of people who fancy taking a year out to go backpacking and travel the World, which wouldn't we all love to do if we didn't have to pay for our mortgages, think that they can take a year out start a website which causes a panic and come back to find that house prices have gone down and they have made money from other people's misery just makes me see red! I can feel my face going red because I am so cross.

In the stockmarket there are rules against this kind of thing, you know there are insider trading regulations and that kind of thing, and I, I totally appreciate people playing the property market, I can feel my face going red, and I understand, as I said, peoples' desire to make money but I do think this is the type of website which is trying to start a panic.

There isn't going to be a market crash, there may well be a levelling off in the prices which is something we have all been praying for years. But the people who sold their house to rent a year ago I really do feel sorry for them because they would have seen their house go up in value over the last year and with stamp duty and agents fees you have to be looking at a 20% market crash in order to simply break even if you came out of the current market for more than a year, so you have to be very, very careful because you can lose money this way.

Of course the property market could unravel, there is no doubt about that, but it is very unlikely because we have to go back to the two things which ground us. Interest rates are historically low and are falling and employment is very high, and as long as we have those two factors it is incredibly unlikely. The last property crash happened when we had interest rates at 14%-15% and we just haven't got that situation and are unlikely to have it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Howdy Mr Gates and welcome to our website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interest rates are historically low and are falling and employment is very high, and as long as we have those two factors it is incredibly unlikely. The last property crash happened when we had interest rates at 14%-15% and we just haven't got that situation and are unlikely to have it

Yeh right. dope

i think we should start telling home owners and BTLers to jump off cliffs...

edit: i suppose they will meet their house at the bottom anyway.

edit: cant spell..why do i try..

Edited by sllabres

Irresponsible...insider dealing...20% crash required to break even...low interest rates...

These are all points Kirsty Allsopp made in her pinned interview.

Is "Bill Gates" going to offer to eat his hat as well?

I ,for one,would warn readers who are about to take the plunge and buy property now to beware the spectre of NEGATIVE EQUITY.

Yes,it is happening,but being swept under the carpet by the Vested Interests.

It is actually the exact transcript of the infamous 'Kirsty rant' So I think it's a wind up

Anyone got a link to the kirsty rant for those who haven't seen it? It's very funny :D

Irresponsible...insider dealing...20% crash required to break even...low interest rates...

These are all points Kirsty Allsopp made in her pinned interview.

Is "Bill Gates" going to offer to eat his hat as well?

Correct me if I am wrong but in that video clip I think she also made a reference to her "face turning red".

Correct me if I am wrong but in that video clip I think she also made a reference to her "face turning red".

LOL

I just watched the video again, its an exact transcript of what she said on london tonight,

Something fishy going on there, can't even come up with an argument themselves

sounds like someone else,

maybe this person with multiple aliases is ............Kirsty

that would be funny

EDIT added:

The Kirsty Video

Edited by Kam

Guest Bart of Darkness
I can hardly speak because I am so cross

I feel like that sometimes when looking at the "most overprice sh*thole" or "Hilariously Overpriced Property" threads.

Ive never really had an opinion of the alsop bird cos i dont watch that sort of tv.

How ever she attack's about STR's as using the housing market to make money as a bad thing yet she says right at the start that there is nothing wrong in using the housing market to make money... what a thick self centerd skanky old trout!!!!

The housepricecrash.co.uk website (HPC) is immoral in spreading rumours about a property crash in order to create a market panic so that some STR retards can benefit from the misery of others and buy a property on the cheap.

The website is playing into the hands of the STR retards who sold to rent to take a year off to go back-packing and travelling the World in the hope that when they came back that house prices will have crashed and they could then buy a property more cheaply.

However, these STR retards are coming back from their back-packing holidays to discover to their astonishment and surprise that the house price boom is still continuing which has made the STRs annoyed and upset at the fact that home owners are continuing to enjoy capital appreciation whereas the STRs are now lumbered with having to pay huge amount of dead money in rent which is only helping to pay off their landlords mortgage.

The STR back-packers and World travellers are now paying a terrible price for their ill-timed decision to sell early and are kicking themselves at losing out on all the additional rises in property prices since they sold to rent.

The STR retards hate the fact that the property they sold is still going up in value and they dare not look at a property newspaper or estate agent window for fear of finding out how much the property they sold is currently worth because it will make them feel extremely upset and sick.

another post has appeared from bill gates, must have pissed kirsty off

Edited by Kam

LOL

maybe this person with multiple aliases is ............Kirsty

that would be funny

EDIT added:

The Kirsty Video

Nar, I very much doubt it, even Kirsty re reading her own drivel would realise she came over as a complete idiot.........insider trading......for christs sake.....and there she is "ramping" the market up with 60% increases by 2010 in sh*t hole areas every chance she gets.

This is just BG doing what BG does best , winding people up.

Edited by Catch22

Nar, I very much doubt it, even Kirsty re reading her own drivel would realise she came over as a complete idiot.........insider trading......for christs sake.....and there she is "ramping" the market up with 60% increases by 2010 in sh*t hole areas every chance she gets.

:lol::lol::lol:

In the light of her recent assurances that prices in certain postcodes would rise by over 40% in the next few years, I think she really is the biggest hypocrite in Britain today!

Ive never really had an opinion of the alsop bird cos i dont watch that sort of tv.

How ever she attack's about STR's as using the housing market to make money as a bad thing yet she says right at the start that there is nothing wrong in using the housing market to make money... what a thick self centerd skanky old trout!!!!

Great to see your opinion has changed. :lol:

Insider trading? What a load of b*****ks!

Anyway, that would imply we have some information about what's going to happen to prices that others don't have. In this case everyone can see the market is heading down, if only they'd open their eyes.

Bill Gates

17 Aug '05  10:14 : 0 recs

The website housepricecrash.co.uk (HPC) is encouraging home owners to sell their house bank the money and rent in the hope that they will be able to buy a house more cheaply in a crash. The kind of thing that this website promotes is so irresponsible.

Everyone has the right to make money in their own way, but to set up a website which is attempting to spread rumours about a market crash, causing misery to millions of people. I mean it is like starting a rumour that there is smallpox in the water because you have the patent to the smallpox vaccine. I can hardly speak because I am so cross, I really, really think that it is irresponsible.

Howdy Mr Gates and welcome to our website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, I think we need some compassion here. I think Kirsty might have overinvested. No wonder she is cross (I am listening to it as I type and comparing the text - word for word spanning paragraphs). Kirsty love, I really do wish the crash would not affect recent FTBs... but as my housing option is currently listed on "hillariously overpriced ..." (see Peckham 79,995) and I am looking forward to retirement in a council unit... the factors suggest it (rising unemployment, oil prices, and the world wide property slump) and I can't wait for it. I know I am selfish about your investments but you have understand that you have more than me, and it was only a punt anyway!

The "scare mongering" that HPC perpetrates is but one spec of dust compared with the mountainous VI spin in the last decade. On the contrary, Kirsty and co's obedience to a tired old VI formula, with their massive exposure on TV and print media, is infinitely more potent in the minds of idiots who never investigate anything for themselves.

I doubt whether 0.1 % of the UK population has heard of HPC, sadly.

But it is interesting that Kirsty really thinks that any future crash could be blamed on one tiny website. Says quite a lot about her desperation.

David meets Goliath...house price version.

VP

kirsty+co blame the forthcoming crash on HPC!....we should be honoured and just glibly accept the accolade,because all of us know that it's not really anybody's fault...it's just part of the cycle.....gobshite gordy just made our bit of the cycle unduly crappy.

politicians don't control economies,financiers do.

Kirsty (it is u isn't it?) - u r a freakin' muppet - u have been ramping property up for the last 5 years and all we are doing is pointing out that it is over-priced and will go down - u should also remember there are stockmarket rules against ramping

p.s. interest rates are not going to go down any more!

airhead