House Price Crash Forum

Unemployment Up Again

eurows

HOLA441
HOLA442

I think it is the first time that all three quoted measures of un / employment have turned for the worse. This suggests that the anecdotal evidence of job losses is starting to feed through into the data. Sentiment is going to take another knock in the not too distant future. We are seeing the early effects of a real slow down.

The number of people in work fell by 16,000 to 28.59 million during the same period.

HOLA443
HOLA444

There was a guy on here a few months back that dealt with the out of work and said that lots of potential claimants were being redirected just about anywhere else so that the numbers were only a fraction of the figure we get shown.Does anyone remember his web name and whether we might be able to contact him and get his birds eye view of the manipulation that happens at ground level.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The discussions on here at the moment seem to putting across the widely held view that the inflation figures are nothing short of lies. I think unemployment is another one that should simply be doubled and it would be more accurate.

You only need to live in the real world to see where people are hidden from the statistics.

Inflation and unemployment are probably the two most well-known (to the masses) economic figures so I think it's wise to treat the official figures for these two with utter contempt.

I say double these for the true answer.

HOLA447