House Price Crash Forum

New Labour, New Danger

Cogs

HOLA441
HOLA442

For the record - The Guardian online generates 25% more traffic than it's nearest comparable rival (The Telegraph) with 12 million unique visitors per month. Hardly evidence of 'near arrest'.

You can read the numbers here - but given your propensity to prefer your own fantasy to reality I expect you not to be interested:

It was a terrible April Fools job and their circulation is falling 16.38% year on year according to the Guardian, both points you seem to misunderstand.

A cat falling off a chair can get a million hits but it doesn't make for circulation numbers of a newspaper.

Stephen Brook

guardian.co.uk, Friday 12 March 2010 13.54 GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/12/february-abcs-guardian-falls

In February the Guardian sold an average of 284,514 copies each day, down 16.38% year on year and a 5.88% drop in sales from January, according to the latest Audit Bureau of Circulations figures, published today.

The last time the Guardian's monthly circulation fell below 300,000 was in September 1978.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest happy?

It was a terrible April Fools job and their circulation is falling 16.38% year on year according to the Guardian, both points you seem to misunderstand.

A cat falling off a chair can get a million hits but it doesn't make for circulation numbers of a newspaper.

Stephen Brook

guardian.co.uk, Friday 12 March 2010 13.54 GMT

http://www.guardian....-guardian-falls

In February the Guardian sold an average of 284,514 copies each day, down 16.38% year on year and a 5.88% drop in sales from January, according to the latest Audit Bureau of Circulations figures, published today.

The last time the Guardian's monthly circulation fell below 300,000 was in September 1978.

Nah, it was a great April Fools joke - not quite as good as The Telegraph's Virgin Ferrets - but it was a great joke.

You greatly exaggerate the death of The Guardian. The market's changing and they're definitely not doing that well - the right-down on EMAP's testament too that - however the world is online now and I'm betting that advertising revenue will generate more money than Murdoch's wall.

Wishing it were otherwise don't make it so.

HOLA446
Guest happy?

The fact that several members of this forum can't see an April fools joke even when it hits them right between the eyes tells you everything you need to know about the intelligence levels and mental stability of your average HPC forum sheep.

I fear it could be more visceral than that. I think the joke may be saying something about how people are quietly thinking about Cameron.

A raw nerve has been touched.

HOLA447

The fact that several members of this forum can't see an April fools joke even when it hits them right between the eyes tells you everything you need to know about the intelligence levels and mental stability of your average HPC forum sheep.

I didnt realise it was an april fool, i read it and thought it was just a satirical take on the election campaign. A poor one at that.

I figure many other people just thought the same.

For it to be an april fool it has to be believable in some way. It was obviously so unbelievable it was the worst april fool i have seen in a long time. The blair banks notes fool was at least semi believable.

With a good april fool, you should look back and think, 'for a minute there i though that was real'. I never believed Gordon would do this, and so it wasnt even really a joke.

Just shit.

HOLA448
Guest anorthosite

For once I agree with you! :o

HOLA449
Guest happy?

I didnt realise it was an april fool, i read it and thought it was just a satirical take on the election campaign. A poor one at that.

I figure many other people just thought the same.

For it to be an april fool it has to be believable in some way. It was obviously so unbelievable it was the worst april fool i have seen in a long time. The blair banks notes fool was at least semi believable.

With a good april fool, you should look back and think, 'for a minute there i though that was real'. I never believed Gordon would do this, and so it wasnt even really a joke.

Just shit.

Looks like a harmless little joke really has got right up your rectum.

HOLA4410

Not the best one today, but provided a split second of amusement this morning. And nowhere near as funny as the doctored Tory poster showing Cameron with an Elvis quiff 'We can't go on like this......with suspicious minds'.

Quite liked the ferrets laying VM broadband cabling. You can't beat a mock up of a small animal in a hi-vis jacket, with a clipboard.

The best one the Grauniad ever put out on 1st April was the one about the little known paradise holiday island of Sans Serif.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Archived