House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest muttley

Property Guru Speaks....

Guest muttley

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=61703

According to the Land Registry the average property price in England & Wales in:

Q1 04 WAS £166,404 

Q1 05  WAS £183,486 

Therefore on average prices went up +10% or £17,082 (England & Wales) Q1 04 to Q1 05.

Does any one think prices will ever fall below Q1 04 levels again ?

I think as prices hold firm / stagnate in 2005. The possibility of a drop in 2006 to Q4 2003 levels increasingly heads to zero.

Personally I can not envisage prices EVER falling below Q1 2004 levels. So the choice is to pay 2004 prices or rent for ever. (sorry Dr Bubb who STR Q4 2003).

Now I am not an expert on spread betting. But is there any way I can make a substantial bet that house prices will never fall below Q1 2004 levels ? (e.g over the next 10 years etc).

Serious question. Yes or no. Who seriously believes prices will fall back 10%+ ?

STR,FTB,BTL wannabes. Pay Q1 2004 prices ( or more) or rent for ever. That is my rock solid belief.

PG

I have never berated a BTL landlord for trying to make a living.I believe BTL is a legitimate business and I admire anyone who has made money from property.

However,I find PGs assertion that house prices will never fall back even 10% quite frankly,hilarious.

Guru? Not!!!

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=61703

I have never berated a BTL landlord for trying to make a living.I believe BTL is a legitimate business and I admire anyone who has made money from property.

However,I find PGs assertion that house prices will never fall back even 10% quite frankly,hilarious.

Guru? Not!!!

He'll be in for a shock soon I wouldn't worry about it

Q2 2004 - Q2 2005 had only a 1.6% increase

Q3 2004 - Q3 2005 is likely to be -ve

Edited by Kam

Guru? Not!!!

He needs to come and have a look around North London. Plenty of stuff has already fallen by 10%, and still goes unsold...

Nomadd

He's a grade a bonafide moron - i.e. an estate agent.

Virtually EVERYONE has him on ignore over there, for obvious reasons (he just keeps cutting and pasting the same cr@p onto every thread, while the mod, fat ollie, looks on and ignores...).

Wonder if he's seen the link to **************.co.uk yet??