House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Newnight Hpi/economy Story

Quanty

HOLA441

There was a good Newsight story on interest rates, consumer spending, house prices and consumer debt tonight.

Looks like the BBC are getting bearish and don't believe Gordon Browns growth predictions. It was followed up by an interview with the Tory shadow chancellor, George Osborne, and his take on how the conservatives would solve the problem.

You can watch the story (including an interview with Roger Bootle) at ...

BBC Newnight

click on "Latest programme available link" .. should work for the next 24 hours.

If you don't want to watch the whole programme the story in question is at 33mins 50 seconds.

HOLA442
There was a good Newsight story on interest rates, consumer spending, house prices and consumer debt tonight.

Looks like the BBC are getting bearish and don't believe Gordon Browns growth predictions. It was followed up by an interview with the Tory shadow chancellor, George Osborne, and his take on how the conservatives would solve the problem.

You can watch the story (including an interview with Roger Bootle) at ...

BBC Newnight

click on "Latest programme available link" .. should work for the next 24 hours.

If you don't want to watch the whole programme the story in question is at 33mins 50 seconds.

Yes, saw that Quanty. They only just managed to pull up short of mentioning the "S" word. Pretty damned bearish indeed.

HOLA443
Yes, saw that Quanty. They only just managed to pull up short of mentioning the "S" word. Pretty damned bearish indeed.

I should warn readers of a more sensitive disposition that the article does contain an explicit acknowledgement that house prices are "falling"

naturally I will be writing to the Director General to demand an explanation for this blatant perversion of the facts :P

HOLA444
I should warn readers of a more sensitive disposition that the article does contain an explicit acknowledgement that house prices are "falling"

naturally I will be writing to the Director General to demand an explanation for this blatant perversion of the facts  :P

I didn't write to the Director General, but I did put in an official complaint to the BBC on their failure to report the highest inflation figure for 9 years choosing instead to air a totally misleading article on how children’s clothes are now cheaper than 15 years ago.

I pointed out that most of the children’s clothes were likely to increase in price over the next few months as Mandleson and the EU capped further imports from China forcing suppliers to source goods from within the EU where prices were much higher.

The BBC said the complaint would be circulated to senior management although they probably binned it. Companies like the BBC don't like official complaints as it affects their performance figures, perhaps we should pull the news team up more often.