House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Shock 2.3% Inflation! Reported As...

Guest Guy_Montag

I gave up on BBC 6 o'clock TV news a long time ago. Channel 4 news or Radio 4 & some FiveLive are a bit more... grown up.

& don't get me started on the Sun of TV, the ITV news - it's bloody awful.

Guest Riser
I didn't watch the whole of the BBC 6pm news.  Did anyone else see it?

What I did see didn't mention the shock inflation figure, but I fear the piece I watched about "cheapest school uniforms for 15 years" was IT (ie. their reference to the real news, with positive nuGuv spin).

Was I dreaming?  Did I miss the real news first?

I was waiting to see how the BBC reported the highest inflation figures for 9 years and in its place they had a report on how shchool clothing was now 10% cheaper than 5 years ago.

They didn't even mention how those same school clothes are likely to cost more in the next few months because of new EU import restrictions on Chinese goods with retailers facing stock shortages and increasing costs as they order alternative stock from within the EU.

At least they didn't report the RICS fantasy of a turning housing market.

I gave up on BBC 6 o'clock TV news a long time ago.  Channel 4 news or Radio 4 & some FiveLive are a bit more... grown up.

& don't get me started on the Sun of TV, the ITV news - it's bloody awful.

Every since I found out that Fiona Bruce, yep thats the one, look at me look at me I've got no pants on, yes her, gets payed over £ 1/2 Million a year I gave up on these to$$ers.

Every since I found out that Fiona Bruce, yep thats the one, look at me look at me I've got no pants on, yes her, gets payed over £ 1/2 Million a year I gave up on these to$$ers.

She is well worth it though.

Help me out, don't say Fiona Bruce and no pants in the same paragraph, I'm only human!