House Price Crash Forum

Part Buy - Part Rents

I know that most people here think that part buy-part rent schemes are a massive government scam but I noticed on my right-move search that lots of them have just been massively reduced.

I would never actually consider buying one - they just happen to come up on my rightmove search because I'm looking at cheaper end properties I can afford out-right. the falls have been quite dramatic though and I thought you guys would be interested.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Folkestone.html?sortByPriceDescending=false&retirement=false&radius=15.0&index=10

i guess the old prices won't come up on your property bee's. the first one is down from £35,700 to £18,750 the next one from £56,250 to £18,750 and many more similar reductions.

These are mostly in Ashford - could it have something to do with the wilson's effect?

GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING - Part buy part rent is a massive government scam and will trap you into poverty for the rest of your life.

Just realized I was being dumb.

Although there is no specific mention of it in the adverts I assume the drops are also representing a drop in the amoung of 'ownership' you have.

It turns out that the market value of 30% of a house is less than 30% of the value of a complete house..

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Just realized I was being dumb.

Although there is no specific mention of it in the adverts I assume the drops are also representing a drop in the amoung of 'ownership' you have.

Let's all hold hands and dream of a 5% equity stake.

I *love how on Rightmove search, the shared ownerships options are something like "only shared ownership" and "shared and non-shared"

Nowhere do they give you the option to exclude those awful places from your search

*hate

You can't exclude them from your initial search but once the results have come up there is an option that lets you exclude them on the far left hand side half way down.

I like to keep them though as a reminder to me that although I've wasting my time on rightmove the market really is so distorted and I would be a fool to buy.

totally different subject but following on from my right move search on this page:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Folkestone.html?sortByPriceDescending=false&retirement=false&radius=15.0&index=170

There are two properties in similar areas of dover priced at £89,950. One is a particularly crappy looking shoe-box and then right underneath it is a 3 bed semi detached house. what are the people selling the flat thinking??? who in their right minds will go for a shoe box priced the same as a 3 bed semi.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

The market is just so distorted at the mo

totally different subject but following on from my right move search on this page:

http://www.rightmove...=15.0&index=170

There are two properties in similar areas of dover priced at £89,950. One is a particularly crappy looking shoe-box and then right underneath it is a 3 bed semi detached house. what are the people selling the flat thinking??? who in their right minds will go for a shoe box priced the same as a 3 bed semi.

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

The market is just so distorted at the mo

same thing in my area of leeds. owners of 1 and 2 bedders refusing to reduce their price despite much larger houses within same area being on at same price.

same thing in my area of leeds. owners of 1 and 2 bedders refusing to reduce their price despite much larger houses within same area being on at same price.

i guess that is the natural market price reaction of a normally functioning market when the person owning the flat puts twigs in a vase in the hall and bakes some fresh bread the day the valuer comes round.

Plus the place it is is such a sh!t hole you would be better off living in soweto and dressing in KKK gear all the time.

i never get why most new build estates are built in the crappiest possible areas. I guess their are fewer NIMBY's

Something to do with the Brownfield policy I think (giving preference to schemes on reclaimed industrial land, hence crappy areas usually)

Something to do with the Brownfield policy I think (giving preference to schemes on reclaimed industrial land, hence crappy areas usually)

Nothing wrong with re-using old industrial space! I think it's more to do with the type of property!

Flats that nobody wants, overlooking neighbours you didn't want, with communal jack-up alleys! :blink:

Edited by MrPin

also having given rise to 1000s of well paid public sector (and related consultancy) jobs in contaminated land management

I *love how on Rightmove search, the shared ownerships options are something like "only shared ownership" and "shared and non-shared"

Nowhere do they give you the option to exclude those awful places from your search

*hate

You can. Once you get to the search results, you can click on "Non shared ownership" in the "ways to buy" section of the side bar. This however also excludes auction properties.