House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Catch22

Don't Forget Kirsty And Phil On The Box Tonight

Location, Location, Location

New series. Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer help a family living in a town house in Bath city centre. However, with three children under five, they've decided a home all on one floor would suit them better, and need help finding a bungalow. The problem is that single-storey residences are in short supply, and the only one that really suits their needs isn't on the market

Location, Location, Location

New series. Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer help a family living in a town house in Bath city centre. However, with three children under five, they've decided a home all on one floor would suit them better, and need help finding a bungalow. The problem is that single-storey residences are in short supply, and the only one that really suits their needs isn't on the market

Shame, I'm out tonight....must set the video, bound to be a corker! :lol::lol:

While we're at it, I can't find "Bank of Mum and Dad" I know its on at 00:45 hrs on Monday night but wheres its peak viewing slot gone. Thats 2 episodes I've missed now and I'm spitting mad about it. Anyone watched it at a reasonable hour this week.

Maybe they read our critism of it and realised it was a liability. Without taking it off air they may have moved it to a time when no one intelligent would be watching. :lol:

Any info on the last two episodes appreciated.

deano

While we're at it, I can't find "Bank of Mum and Dad" I know its on at 00:45 hrs on Monday night but wheres its peak viewing slot gone.  Thats 2 episodes I've missed now and I'm spitting mad about it.  Anyone watched it at a reasonable hour this week.

Maybe they read our critism of it and realised it was a liability.  Without taking it off air they may have moved it to a time when no one intelligent would be watching. :lol:

Any info on the last two episodes appreciated.

deano

I watched it last night. It was about a guy called Hiten, who was trying to start a music studio (Drum n Bass, etc). His parents came over from India when he was small, with nothing basically and were constantly giving him money, even though his dad was doing a low paid job (park keeper for local council).

His dad estimated he was £40,000 in debt (basically all the money he had given him), but it turned out to be £113,000!!! His dad nearly collapsed! :o

Later in the programme though, it emerged that his mother (who was quite ill) was also giving him money without letting her husband know. She estimated she'd given him £10,000 or so too.

The guy was 36 and had never really had a job it seemed. His studio was just a big laugh really. He spent something like £500 a month on going out to clubs, or "networking" as he called it.

The first thing his dad did was cancel the Sky Digital! :D

The financial advisor guy on the programme (looked worth a bob or two) said it was the worst accounts he had ever seen. There was absolutely ZERO income the whole time the studio had been running. Everything was expenditure!

He estimated that his record collection was worth £40,000. I think that's more like what he spent on it. He tried to cash some in later and was only getting a £1 a record. Not surprising really. I doubt he had 40,000 records.

One bizarre bit in the whole programme was this (apparently) famous drum n bass DJ who visited the studio to give his advice. He said that he would never send any of his artists to record there, etc. But there was something strange looking about the guy.

I reckon he was wearing a bullet-proof vest under his polo shirt. He looked strangely bulky, but not really fat. Weird.

Anyway, the programme was billed as being about an air-hostess, but they'd obviously got this wrong. The preview of next week's show was some young girl so that's probably her.

I don't know when it's on at a decent time. I watched the version with the wee guy down the bottom right signing for the deaf.

It's actually quite amusing because some of the faces they pull are hilarious, trying to get across the magnitude of the situation where (perhaps) the signing doesn't convey it strongly enough. :lol:

His dad estimated he was £40,000 in debt (basically all the money he had given him), but it turned out to be £113,000!!!  His dad nearly collapsed!  :o

I'm not surprised...

I'd collapse at the thought of having £40,000 debt, never mind £113,000!!! :o

I'm not surprised...

I'd collapse at the thought of having £40,000 debt, never mind £113,000!!!  :o

When it was revealed that the debt was 113000 I almost shat my pants... then I remembered that I am debt free. :lol:

Edited by shakerbaby

I always seem to miss this program, the last time it was on I had to count the leaves in my garden so missed it, the time before that I had to watch some paint dry and the time before that I had to gaze at my navel.

Guest Riser

The couple have exchanged on their own house and complete in three weeks.

Kirsty has said she couldn't understand why they were being so picky as they will be HOMELESS in three weeks.

Why HOMELESS they could RENT :blink:

I don't watch this program much but is this the first Lx3 when they haven't mentioned the local market conditions?

They used to love to say prices in whereever have gone up 20% in the last year.

Edited by Oxfordite

Oh no, I just missed it.

But I did just manage to catch the credits at the end, and guess what?

Channel 4 are looking for buyers who would be interested in appearing in the next series!

Now at first that seems like really bad news, but do we have anyone on HPC who'd like to take up their offer? :lol:

Apparently the owner wasn't sure if he wanted to sell, £420K for a bungalow.

In current market conditions?

Of course he bit their arm off and sold straight away, oldest trick in the book that one. Hmmm, not sure, hmmmm but I really like it, I'm not sure if I want to sell it.

I bet you that was Kirsty's idea; "lets hide the For Sale sign in the garage, that way they'll be sure to bite!"

Idiots!

Just caught the end of the programme and they showed a trailer for next weeks show. Kirsty (bless her) said that if they (the punters/victims) didn't want the house, she would have it.

Go on Kirsty, put your money where your mouth is!

Feed the bull!

Consume, conform!!!!

I always seem to miss this program, the last time it was on I had to count the leaves in my garden so missed it, the time before that I had to watch some paint dry and the time before that I had to gaze at my navel.

:lol: Dicky, you make me laugh...!

Of course he bit their arm off and sold straight away, oldest trick in the book that one.

To be frank, that place they got was astonishingly good value for money if you ask me. OK house but 1 acre of land in Bath with that view? Whoah.

That'll hopefully raise the expectations of people who until recently expected to be gazumped on their 420k bid for a bedsit in Streatham :)

Oh no, I just missed it.

But I did just manage to catch the credits at the end, and guess what?

Channel 4 are looking for buyers who would be interested in appearing in the next series!

Now at first that seems like really bad news, but do we have anyone on HPC who'd like to take up their offer? :lol:

I'm putting myself up for it.

I have no deposit, an insecure £15,000 a year job and a pregnant girlfriend with no job, wonder what they will offer me - I will try not to be too picky!. Am so looking forward to being picked.

Just to put you in the picture these are not my true circumstances.

Challenge Kirsty!

To be frank, that place they got was astonishingly good value for money if you ask me. OK house but 1 acre of land in Bath with that view? Whoah.

That'll hopefully raise the expectations of people who until recently expected to be gazumped on their 420k bid for a bedsit in Streatham :)

You think that's good value for money?

Then that just shows how much you've bough in to the current market bubble.

-30% to return to 3.5x Av Salary and you'll get it for £294K - How gutting will that be for the buyers in the next 3-4yrs.

More fool them!

Guest Bart of Darkness
Anybody like to guess when the advert attached appeared?

I'll start the ball rolling at 1 year ago.

I'll start the ball rolling at 1 year ago.

I can see this is going to be fun. ;-).

Nice one for standing up to the plate, it took me ages to find the damn advert and scan it. Have a ntoehr go, a lot longer than that.