House Price Crash Forum

Trailer Parks For Ftbs

HOLA441

Having hoped for a crash 5 years ago it still not has happened. Isn't it time FTBs realised that a lot of their market stock has been eaten up by the BTL greed.

We are fast heading to a US scenario of poor rental accommodation and trailer parks.

Until the government produce policies to prevent BTLs buying up traditional FTB stock, I'm afraid the future is bleak for FTBs, unless we all move to NE Scotland.

HOLA442
Having hoped for a crash 5 years ago it still not has happened. Isn't it time FTBs realised that a lot of their market stock has been eaten up by the BTL greed.

We are fast heading to a US scenario of poor rental accommodation and trailer parks.

Until the government produce policies to prevent BTLs buying up traditional FTB stock, I'm afraid the future is bleak for FTBs, unless we all move to NE Scotland.

Please read the hundreds of threads on the site, from investors and economists more informed than me or you, then repost.

HOLA443
HOLA444

For the chav's maybe, though something tells me all those two bedder 'luxury apartments' will be offloaded to social housing at some point, this is already the case to a degree, with BTL'ers letting to *anybody* in desperation.

However, any young person with an ounce of common sense and dignity would just leave the country if it got to trailer trash stage, things are already bad enough when people like Phil encouraging people to live in "seriously up and coming areas", with the usual assorted of crack dens and violent crime.

Why would they continue to support a country (and hoards of pensioners) if they're valued so little? It's a free market and the cause and effect is people buggering off to places like Australia, as much as some of them are scorned here.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA445

Yes we are doomed I tell ya, doomed ;)

Why is it that people are prepared to believe that its all different this time when a basic understanding of economic history tells you that paradigms are broken rarely and not when it is looking quite similar in structure to all the other times :blink:

Sentiment, be it panic or impatience or the multitude of other human qualities/frailties which we all feel, is rarely a reliable indicator of what the cold light of day is showing us.

Chill :ph34r:

HOLA446
why? i thought that was quite interesting...perhaps you could post a link to one of these threads?

What on? The power of cycles, the lies of VI's, the economic mismanagemnt of Gordon Brown, which one do you want? I'm not an economist, but I find the level of discussion more impartial than the rubbish I read in the media about 'properdee'.

WRT the original post, we do already have poor rental accomodation, its for pre-FTBs. We already have trailer parks, they are for OAP's. Personally, I'm buying land in France in a year of two, cash outright and will self-build, as and when I can afford it. My interest in UK property is that I will want to buy a pied a terre for work - I have to turn up at the office once in a while.

HOLA447

Trailer Parks? Where?

This is pretty annoying. I am renting at the moment and it's costing me a lot of money every month. I would be happy to drop my standard of living and move into a trailer park until the house prices drop, but it's not even an option. The only trailer parks there are only allow residents of over 50.

If someone knows differently please let me know.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Trailer Parks? Where?

This is pretty annoying. I am renting at the moment and it's costing me a lot of money every month. I would be happy to drop my standard of living and move into a trailer park until the house prices drop, but it's not even an option. The only trailer parks there are only allow residents of over 50.

If someone knows differently please let me know.

There's a nice one near where I used to live in leafy Berkshire, a friend of mine is a resident, everyone looks after their place, the gardens are always in bloom and not a gnome in sight. They all look out for each other, care for each others kids, leave their front doors unlocked and keys in their cars and believe me, there are a lot of high priced vehicles around. A happy contented bunch they are, really.... :D

HOLA4410
There's a nice one near where I used to live in leafy Berkshire, a friend of mine is a resident, everyone looks after their place, the gardens are always in bloom and not a gnome in sight.  They all look out for each other, care for each others kids, leave their front doors unlocked and keys in their cars and believe me, there are a lot of high priced vehicles around.  A happy contented bunch they are, really.... :D

I'd like to introduce you to my wife and my sister.....

Here she is !!! :D

Edited by PulpFiction

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest Bart of Darkness
Having hoped for a crash 5 years ago

A tad premature surely? The current boom hadn't properly begun then.

You can't put the bust before the boom.

HOLA4415
Guest Charlie The Tramp

A friend of mine viewed a prefab type on a very nice site, was so impressed with the luxury and facilities inside he sold his house and bought one. Having put a very large wad in the bank after the sale of the house. Management charges he says are reasonable and the only way he will leave is in his box. He also said the neighbours were the best he has ever had. So it`s really horses for courses. I have always said if I was left alone, I would sell the house, spend summers on my boat, and buy a small shoebox to spend the winter months. :)

HOLA4416

ive always been confused why people live in trailer parks in the usa, the usa has loads of cheap houses, like dirt cheap.

seen many good houses there dirt cheap ie 10k usd

and acres and acres of cheap land.

if you cant in your life save enough to buy one of these cheaper places then ive no sympathy for you.And its not the case these are all in poor areas.

4 bedroom houses were advertised in buffalo ny state 19,000 usd each, good houses in working class areas, only how we can dream of such a cheap commuter community so near to london as they got to new york.

i think there realy is no excuse to rent in the usa, wouldnt it be great if we had an area the size of devon say that was cheap like this.But then we did have before this crazy boom.And the main thing now that realy upsets people here in the uk is there is nothing cheap left.

HOLA4417
there realy is no excuse to rent in the usa,

Yet more than 30% of them do...strange, no?

http://www.realtor.org/PublicAffairsWeb.ns...ip?OpenDocument

the usa has loads of cheap houses, like dirt cheap.

I doubt there are many cheap houses in San Francisco or San Diego or LA or Boston or any other large metropolitan centre (where most of the jobs are).

http://www.ruralhome.org/pubs/hsganalysis/.../households.htm

fig1.jpg

http://www.rhol.org/rental/homeowner.htm

Homeownership rates increased by about 6 million households during the past 5 years, boosting the national homeownership rate to 66.3%; according to "The State of the Nation's Housing 99". However, the increase is limited almost entirely outside city lines and primarily in the South and West. People are not buying houses in the cities.

homeownership vs. rental housing rates seem to be an entrenched factor of American society.

In most areas of the nation privately owned rental housing has remained stable at about 30 percent of the total housing market for more than 30 years. Recent government programs have apparently only impacted public housing in any significant way.

HOLA4418
For the chav's maybe, though something tells me all those two bedder 'luxury apartments' will be offloaded to social housing at some point, this is already the case to a degree, with BTL'ers letting to *anybody* in desperation.

A significant amount of FTB property is currently let out by BTL and medium sized LLs as "temporary" accommodation to homeless persons. In the past bed & breakfast would have been used but its use by local housing authorities is now unlawful.

A direct consequence of increased FTB propertr prices (without the corresponding increase in wages) is more homeless families. They are currently housed (temporarily) in housing they would previously have been able to afford to buy.

Social justice?

Edited by Take me to the cleaners

HOLA4419
ive always been confused why people live in trailer parks in the usa, the usa has loads of cheap houses, like dirt cheap.

if you cant in your life save enough to buy one of these cheaper places then ive no sympathy for you.And its not the case these are all in poor areas.

4 bedroom houses were advertised in buffalo ny state 19,000 usd each, good houses in working class areas, only how we can dream of such a cheap commuter community so near to london as they got to new york.

i think there realy is no excuse to rent in the usa, wouldnt it be great if we had an area the size of devon say that was cheap like this.But then we did have before this crazy boom.And the main thing now that realy upsets people here in the uk is there is nothing cheap left.

Actually there are a huge number of houses advertised at any given time in the trailer park equivalent in England - the Park Home. But they are on very unhealthy leaseholds and restricted to older folks, who don't seem to want them! Effectively you have suburbs that don't exist with good building blocks and amenities in built up areas that can't be accessed for homes. Same applies to all these holiday houses with 10 month restrictions. What is that about? It doesn't actually contribute to environmental health or open space since the structures already exist, and yet it doesn't contribute to any social agenda such as housing people. Would this not be a great place to start developing brownfield that wasn't contaminated and dangerous?

HOLA4420

"cheap commuter community so near to london"

Say what? :huh::huh::huh:

Buffalo to New York City is 426 miles (by toll motorway).