House Price Crash Forum

The Budget

HOLA441

Those figures that Cameron just read out are a bloody disgrace

6bn deficit in 97, now 167!!??!?!

Does anyone know how this 167 figure is calculated ? I thought it would be total tax revenues - total govt spending .

From the figures I'm looking at that would be:

2008/2009

439 - 631 = -192bn

2009/2010 (based on projections)

397 - 655 = -258bn

The sources I used were:

T1.2 HM Revenue and Customs annual receipts

www.publicspending.co.uk

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Steph.

Nick.

Pesto.

Pulling it all apart.

Hnag on Linda Yueh is on..... :wub:

EDIT

The beeb are in Canary Wharf trading office. Its kicked right off behind the talking heads, absolute ******ing bedlam!!!

Wtf?

Ha ha ha, sell, sell, SELL!!

I liked the bloke throwing is phone around right behind him, having a paddy. Bless.

Edited by Tonkers

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Good response from Cameron.

Reminds me of the speech that stopped Brown calling the election.

Clegg put Camron to shame - brought up idiocy of stamp duty at 0% when bubble housing market and government propping it up, government causing recession, etc - all the stuff we talk about on here. Shame no-one saw it as mainstream media had switched to in-studi discussion and was only on BBC Parliament. Really was a much, much better speach than Cameron's - and I'm slightly surprised/disappointed in saying that.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Clegg put Camron to shame - brought up idiocy of stamp duty at 0% when bubble housing market and government propping it up, government causing recession, etc - all the stuff we talk about on here. Shame no-one saw it as mainstream media had switched to in-studi discussion and was only on BBC Parliament. Really was a much, much better speach than Cameron's - and I'm slightly surprised/disappointed in saying that.

The Libs contain most, of the very few, politicos in this country that get it.

Theyre the best we're gonna get.

Clegg on highlights on BEEB.

Good for you Clegger. Very HPC. B)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

1418 A bit more info on that stamp duty cut. Poring over the figures in the Budget Red Book, we understand the measure will cost the Treasury £230m in 2010-11 and £290m in 2011-12. And raising the rate on homes worth more than £1m will not raise enough to plug that hole - raising an estimated £90m in 2010-11 and £70m in 2011-12.

Not to worry the government can borrow a bit extra to plug the shortfall.

HOLA4415

Sorry, didn't see it, as you say the coverage stopped at Cameron! (Also noticeable that the HoC emptied pretty quickly. Contemptuous really.)

Noticed on SKY a interview in the street with the public, a very economically literate business owner was on, making lots of valid points about inconsistencies with the budget and the jam tomorrow aspect (points we hear here)... then hey presto, some sound interference and it was necessay to cut back to the studio. :blink:

HOLA4416

im not a STR i am a 29 yeah old who has been saving for years and sold years ago when i split with my Ex so not a STR.

so anyone help with my question without invoking death

Depends who's name the property was in:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2010/sdlt.htm

A two year holiday period from SDLT for first time property buyers.

Legislation will be introduced in Finance Bill 2010 to provide a Stamp Duty Land Tax relief where:

an individual or individuals jointly purchase a major interest in land which is wholly residential, and

the consideration is more than £125,000 but not more than £250,000, and

that individual (or all of them) intends to occupy the property as his/her or their only or main residence and

has or have not previously purchased such an interest or its equivalent anywhere in the world and

the effective date of the transaction is on or after 25 March 2010 and before 25 March 2012.

So doesn't apply to STR'ers or anyone who has ever owned property anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

Have a martini instead. ;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Sorry, didn't see it, as you say the coverage stopped at Cameron! (Also noticeable that the HoC emptied pretty quickly. Contemptuous really.)

Noticed on SKY a interview in the street with the public, a very economically literate business owner was on, making lots of valid points about inconsistencies with the budget and the jam tomorrow aspect (points we hear here)... then hey presto, some sound interference and it was necessay to cut back to the studio. :blink:

Not having a television, I miss these censorious delights provided by the apparatchik.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

The Libs contain most, of the very few, politicos in this country that get it.

Theyre the best we're gonna get.

Clegg on highlights on BEEB.

Good for you Clegger. Very HPC. B)

I think a lot of them (outside of Gormless Brown and some of his supporters) "get it".

The difference is that the Libs are nowhere near power, consequently they're free to say whatever they like.

Cameron & Co.'s problem is that any statement they make becomes the next election poster for Labour, so they're doing their best to say nothing at all.

HOLA4422

I think a lot of them (outside of Gormless Brown and some of his supporters) "get it".

The difference is that the Libs are nowhere near power, consequently they're free to say whatever they like.

Cameron & Co.'s problem is that any statement they make becomes the next election poster for Labour, so they're doing their best to say nothing at all.

very true

HOLA4423

Which may have the desired effect.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425