House Price Crash Forum

my question is

i dont own a house but i have owned one before

now does that make me a first time buyer again?

Death to the STRs

Death to the STRs

Death to the STRs

The STRs are Scum

[/bruno]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny.... 2trn in world wide stimulus has had an effect on tax receipts.

and when it falls off...guess what...." we need to lock in this recovery with more stimulus".

This guy is a good speaker, but its so transparent.

The test is for Osbourne.....I dont think he has the skill to compete TBH.

Darling is slick.

If they had binned Brown they'd have been in with a chance. But they blew their chance.

Osborne can't compete with Darling's projections by 2015 I shouldn't imagine.

Death to the STRs

Death to the STRs

Death to the STRs

The STRs are Scum

[/bruno]

im not a STR i am a 29 yeah old who has been saving for years and sold years ago when i split with my Ex so not a STR.

so anyone help with my question without invoking death

I think it was announced last year for pensioners only. Now it has been extended to include everyone. Is it not age discrimination to give one particular age band preferential treatment / terms over others?

No, I've already been getting emails from my bank about the new higher £5100 limit for all savers. Its been known for a while.

im not a STR i am a 29 yeah old who has been saving for years and sold years ago when i split with my Ex so not a STR.

I think if you have had a mortgage in the past (however long ago) you are classed as a 'house mover' by the banks and not a a FTB. Not sure when this changed but last time I applied for a mortgage (2001) you were classed as a FTB if you did not have a mortgage for 6 months.

Can someone answers this persons question? I'm would also like to know the answer.

Edit: Thanks.

Edited by CHR1SW

If you are purchasing and do not currently own you are a ftb unless there is some rejigging of the rules.

Those of you who like a drink are going to pay more. Alcohol duty will rise and that on cider specifically will go up by 10% from midnight tonight. Smokers will also pay more as tobacco duty will increase by 1% immediately, then 2% in subsequent years.

Another nail in the coffin of the pub trade. :angry:

Agreed a totally irrelevant budget as both parties will have to have an emergency budget after the election which adresses reducing the budget deficit. Are politicans so thick that they think anyone will believe what they say ?

Um, no. Politicans realize that the vast majority of voters are stupid enough to believe whatever they say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg

If you are purchasing and do not currently own you are a ftb unless there is some rejigging of the rules.

If you need a mortgage, the details of your previous one will still be on any credit check for a while, but if you're buying in cash, how will they know you're NOT a FTB?

Can someone answers this persons question? I'm would also like to know the answer.

Edit: Thanks.

yes please answer...and DEATH TO THE STRs....and join the save Bruno Powroznic campaign. he is innocent and doesnt even have an AK.

I think if you have had a mortgage in the past (however long ago) you are classed as a 'house mover' by the banks and not a a FTB. Not sure when this changed but last time I applied for a mortgage (2001) you were classed as a FTB if you did not have a mortgage for 6 months.

Intersesting one to 'police' I would have thought?

What if one party to a joint mortgage is a newbie and the other not?

Is the tax unchanged for everyone else [apart from 5% over £1 million]

No, I've already been getting emails from my bank about the new higher £5100 limit for all savers. Its been known for a while.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article10209.html

Budget 2009 Boost for Savers as ISA Allowances to be Raised to £10,200

Personal_Finance / ISA's Apr 23, 2009 - 07:02 AM

By: Nadeem_Walayat

Personal_Finance Best Financial Markets Analysis ArticleAmidst the budget gloom and doom of a budget busting deficit of £175 billion and the first of a series of tax hikes that introduces a new top tax band of 50% for those earning over £150,000, there was some good news for distressed savers that have been paying the price for credit crisis in the form of low interest rates.

On the tenth anniversary of the introduction of Individual Savings Accounts (ISA's), Alistair Darling announced that ISA allowances will be raised from £7,200 to £10,200 from 6th of April 2010, with the new ISA allowance raised earlier for the over 50's from October 2009.

As with the current £7,200 allowance, savers will be able to split 50/50 between cash and shares ISA's i.e. from the new tax year, £5,100 in a Shares ISA and £5,100 in a Cash ISA.

However the Chancellor missed a golden opportunity to both win votes and entice cash ISA savers to deposit more into the cash starved banks by allowing the whole of the £10,200 allowance to be used as a Cash ISA.

Additional good news for savers should follow as interest rates are expected to start to rise during the second half of the year which is inline with my UK interest rate forecast of December 2008.

For clarification.

Don't take it personally, it's a reference to an ex poster who, it seems, was seriously unhinged.

From the BBC Website coverage:

I am very pleased with the stamp duty exemption limit. However, being more sceptical, it's only for first-time buyers, very few of which are in a position to buy given the disgraceful behaviour by the banks. Furthermore, this £250k level will be reduced in a year or so (a la VAT rate) so the window of opportunity is pretty slim & will only help people already in a position to buy? Why can't they make the banks reduce the required deposit rates? That will help first-time buyers more as long as appropriate valuations are carried out on the properties.

Pete, Manchester - via BBC Have Your Say

Pete doesn't realise the plan is to keep HPs high, not to help FPTBs

From the BBC Website coverage:

Pete doesn't realise the plan is to keep HPs high, not to help FPTBs

There seems to be a preponderance of purple and blue ties and dresses among the lab front benchers; do you think they're downplaying the old Lab blood red look? Y'now, look a bit tory? Distance themselves from the past?