House Price Crash Forum

Here we are on the eve of another budget speech. Will it be another 'wasted opportunity' ?At the time of the last one, someone on here posted a budget speech, and it was one of the best posts I've ever read. Whoever you are, if you are reading this, could you do another one please?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most years there is a so-called 'leak' of something, usually sounding good at face value. This year, nothing, apart from this "banks must give you an a/c if you want one."

Most changes already pre-announced, I expect it to be dull. He may try to redirect attention after Dispatches but it may be too late. Even John Snow on Ch4 in Luton kept asking people if they wanted 'change.' Methinks he is a Cameron supporter.

Here we are on the eve of another budget speech. Will it be another 'wasted opportunity' ?At the time of the last one, someone on here posted a budget speech, and it was one of the best posts I've ever read. Whoever you are, if you are reading this, could you do another one please?

...tomorrow's will be all smoke and mirrors.... :)

[MSM full of indications that Darling intends to freeze personal allowances, effecting a real rise in income tax, and using that in part to increase state spending.

They have gone for broke on the vote for the state. That must be a mistake.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

A budget this side of an election of this sort will be largely ********. The level of spending cuts and tax rises that are necessary could never be spoken of in public, and the Labour Parliamentary Party knows that it's the Tories' problem in a few weeks anyway. They'll promise free champagne and strawberries for all, in other words.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

Snow always struck me as a Lib Dem man........... something to do with those ties.

Yours,

TGP

If that is Jon Snow, then you're right.

I had a conversation with him once, and the stuff he said about a former conservative US president was outrageous.

- Announce what they already have.

- Tell us what a great job they're doing.

- Make some wild growth estimates.

Non event.

Nope. He's going to spend Billions on job creation.

Hi tech, bio and infrastructure.

If anything they should increase stamp duty. £1million on anything over £70,000 would do, then we'd see what impact it would have on exchange prices.

But we couldn't have people living in housing that was truly affordable, society would collapse if we didn't allow the insitution of home ownership to be used by one class to bully another into debt slavery.

"Vote for Change".

What a laugh. The tories get in they'll say you voted for change and that's what you've got. You've got us instead of NuLabour - it's change innit.

The choice is loose change or short change.

I think they mean change in the Obama sense. Multi Trillion deficits rather than multi billion deficits, that kind of change.

Back to liebour, BBC said cutting Stamp duty <£250k - obviously taking Adair Turners claims of malinvestment in housing away from business very seriously...