HOLA441
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Sold my semi in London Today, cant believe my luck. It was on the market for 10 months and I nearly got my asking price.

Im well happy.

BRING ON THE CRASH....

Just popping round Tescos to buy a nice bottle of bubbly.

You _nearly_ got full asking price, is that of the original price that you had on it 10 months ago?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I was born and raised in Eltham, just off footscray road. now living in Sidcup (the Hollies). Would you mind giving a few more details i.e. Road and area (wouldn't want you to give the number or anything).

Is it actually sold, signed sealed and delivered as it were.

Or

have you accepted (what looks like) a good offer.

Not trying to piss on your strawberrys but just very interested as I know the area well. I would have said the area was plodding along OK, I think South East London is seriously underrated and it's IMHO the best area to live in London. Mainly because it's cheap but still a relatively nice area.

HOLA448
HOLA449
But... A Sale isn't a Completion. Keep your fingers crossed!  :D

Nomadd

I sold my flat (not too far from New Eltham) back in May - still waiting for completion though. Funnily enough the only thing that's holding up the completion is the buyer getting a mortgage !!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Thats cool.

As I said on the other thread I think South East London is great value, I know the sort of property that sells for £245,000 and it's the sort of thing I'll be after when it's back to it's real value of £160,000 in about 5 years time.

The same sort of thing in other parts of London would set you back £400,000.

HOLA4416
Not trying to piss on your strawberrys but just very interested as I know the area well. I would have said the area was plodding along OK, I think South East London is seriously underrated and it's IMHO the best area to live in London. Mainly because it's cheap but still a relatively nice area.

Eltham? Underrated? Its an appalling cultural wasteland of nondescript lace-curtained houses and an ingrained KKK mentality. Have you ever been to London?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
You _nearly_ got full asking price, is that of the original price that you had on it 10 months ago?

That's the question, did you have to drop much from your asking price 10 months ago? How has the market been over the last 6 months, much interest? Do you think you got lucky or do you think you'd be able to sell three other houses like it next week?

HOLA4420
put it on for 249995 and got 245000

I call that a result.

Shedders,

If you managed to get near the asking price then I would suggest that your asking price was far too low. It is you that is the sucker because your asking price was far too low in the first place. Nevermind, you could have made alot more money but you are just an idiot. Don't choke up on the bubbly that you bought to celebrate the fact that you are an idiot who sold your property far too cheaply.

Edited by Bill Gates

HOLA4421
From Memory Gilf STRd in Eltham last year. So I guess the answer to your question would be yes.

My point was that, from my experience of living in SE London, the concept of London proper was vague and scary for most of the inhabitants who regarded New Cross as dangerously glamorous and multicultural but who did feel at home in Bexleyheath or Bluewater.

Not saying this applies to any of the posters. But I do dispute that is it possible to underrate Eltham. Sorry.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Shedders,

If you managed to get near the asking price then I would suggest that your asking price was far too low. It is you that is the sucker because your asking price was far too low in the first place. Nevermind, you could have made alot more money but you are just an idiot. Don't choke up on the bubbly that you bought to celebrate the fact that you are an idiot who sold your property far too cheaply.

Oi - playing the village idiot is my role on this website. Back off.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
My point was that, from my experience of living in SE London, the concept of London proper was vague and scary for most of the inhabitants who regarded New Cross as dangerously glamorous and multicultural but who did feel at home in Bexleyheath or Bluewater.

Not saying this applies to any of the posters. But I do dispute that is it possible to underrate Eltham. Sorry.

It's a question I suppose of where you live and what we are talking about, I'll totally agree many parts of South London are total crap, but the nice parts are pretty decent. This applies to Eltham also, for example anywhere west of the high street is a dump (and most of that would be classed as Kidbrook in my opinion) but head up to the area around Eltham Park North its fine.

The point I was actually making is that people dismiss South and South East London without a second thought, but the point is if you're looking to buy then thats a mistake in my opinion.

My quote about South London was generally about south of the M2 so (parts of) Eltham, New Eltham, Sidcup, Chistlhusrt, Petts Wood, Bromley and beyond.

I'm not saying given the choice of a free house I'd love to live in Eltham, what I'm saying is if I had £250,000 to spend on a place, I'd start looking at a decent housr there rather than a 1 bed flat above a shop in Hammersmith.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-440...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-653...pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

Edited by gilf