House Price Crash Forum

Ea's Paying Ftb's Rent

HOLA441

I heard this yesterday. Didn't say anything at the time but was amazed. A friend of mine is trying to move. There is a chain of about 5. The chap at the bottom of the chain as managed to force everyone else into paying his rent while the deal is put together! £250 each for starters.

There was then some kind of hold up and he demanded that they pay his rent for the next 3 or 6 months. The EA who is selling all or most of the house in the chain picked up the bill to ensure the deal goes ahead! :blink: Never Ever have I heard of such a thing. Amazing. THe EA must be reall desperate.

The excuse my friend gave was the the guy at the bottom was from South Africa and did not understand the UK market! :P Again I stayed quiet. But was laughing in side. I recon the guy new he had everyone by the short and curlies and was going to make them pay.

It is a buyers market. EA's paying your rent. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
I heard this yesterday. Didn't say anything at the time but was amazed. A friend of mine is trying to move. There is a chain of about 5. The chap at the bottom of the chain as managed to force everyone else into paying his rent while the deal is put together! £250 each for starters.

There was then some kind of hold up and he demanded that they pay his rent for the next 3 or 6 months. The EA who is selling all or most of the house in the chain picked up the bill to ensure the deal goes ahead!  :blink:  Never Ever have I heard of such a thing. Amazing. THe EA must be reall desperate.

The excuse my friend gave was the the guy at the bottom was from South Africa and did not understand the UK market!  :P  Again I stayed quiet. But was laughing in side. I recon the guy new he had everyone by the short and curlies and was going to make them pay.

It is a buyers market. EA's paying your rent.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

All they need now is for him to pull out a day before signing the contracts, now that would be quality.

When we purchased back in 2000 the person we were buying off payed our last 2 months rent so we could move in early.

HOLA444

There was then some kind of hold up and he demanded that they pay his rent for the next 3 or 6 months. The EA who is selling all or most of the house in the chain picked up the bill to ensure the deal goes ahead!  :blink:  Never Ever have I heard of such a thing. Amazing. THe EA must be reall desperate.

The excuse my friend gave was the the guy at the bottom was from South Africa and did not understand the UK market!  :P  Again I stayed quiet. But was laughing in side. I recon the guy new he had everyone by the short and curlies and was going to make them pay.

It is a buyers market. EA's paying your rent.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

AGOOWA!!!

Reverse AWOOGA, whatever it is.

HOLA445

I heard something similiar. Someone brought in West Ken two years ago is selling up right now. Got offer which was accepted. Now the new the buyer (who is at the bottom of the chain) is delaying the whole chain. So the guy at the top contacted these people said if your buyer pulls out, then we'll match their price and buy it instead!

The guy at the top must be seriously anxious to get out!

Edited by no accountant