House Price Crash Forum

How Long Could You Live For?

winkie

HOLA441
HOLA442

about 2 years depending on the price of silver and gold, which in this kind of scenario would massivley increase in price i suspect.

but as im self employed and im also a darn good fisherman i would never go hungry, and could live in a tent as easy as a house to be honest.

HOLA443
Maybe nosey, or just interested.

How many months could you live for on your savings, if you lost your job today and had no income.

That is to pay your mortgage/rent, CT, bills, food etc.

Recon, I could last 12 months or so.

What about you?

For a very long time because if I couldn't get a job I'd move home with my parents. One of the many benefits of renting. There's no way I'd want to waste away my savings.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

i earn quite a bit but have 0.00p savings (except i do have a pension). i would have to rely on my parents if i got made redundant, but they have plenty of spare cash.

i do intend to start saving soon. i live within my means but have always been profligate. to be honest i usually find people who stuff their matresses are very dull and annoying (especially when it comes to splitting bills, holidays etc, getting a round in etc).

i knew this guy who could bore you to tears that actually made a profit from his parents when he was a student - by living on beans and putting his parental contributions in the building society!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Indefinately (on benefits) about time I had some of that tax money back!

Yeah. If things really went bad I think I'd just blow all my savings on beer and hookers, then join the chavs.

Why continue to slave away in a country where people who work hard and save are looked upon as fools?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

About 12 years.

Go out on a massive credit spurge. Should be able to net about 200K.

5 Years of blowing the money like crazy. Then declare myself bankrupt.

Then it's 7 years at her majesty's pleasure when they find the 100K of gold I buried under me mum's patio (Hey if I need 100K to live on but can borrow 200K why not go with the flow and get it all)

The correct answer for everyone on this forum and beyond is forever (till death takes us). We do have a social safety net which means we supply everyone with food/shelter/medical care even if long term unemployed.

PS 6" but forget the length, feel the width.

HOLA4412

markg so very true

thing is ive never claimed unemployment or kind of benifits in my life, though i did get money when i was a student.

though i think its a pride thing, whenever ive been out of work in the past ive just lived on my savings till things pick up, same now if work is slow, but all my outgoings included just now amount to 100 week:), its not what you earn its the diffrence between what you earn and what you save.

rent 35 pound a week, for a ok flat from a landlord i aint seen in 3 years(was paying 110 week before this)

internet/electric/ct/phone ect 30 week

food ect for the rest.

add 50 pound in for my adverts and my van costs a week(i dont have any hp at all)

and im pretty sorted

ive got the outgoings right im now working on the incomings

and i would realy rather fish and live in a tent than claim any benifits, then on the flip side cause i dont claim anything i get a bit peeved off when i gotta pay out.

i had a labourer of mine taking in more money a week than me because in this new britain if you have kids your sorted

HOLA4413
Losing Faith, yes I agree that the original question was nosey BUT you neither needed to read OR respond to this thread and by the way some of us on HPC don't need to talk up the length of our d***s, as we don't possess one!  :rolleyes:  And no, I'm NOT envious.

Cracking response!

And 20 years or so in answer to theoriginal question...

S.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416