House Price Crash Forum

Anecdotal - 27k Lost In 3 Years

dave

HOLA441

One for the bears .....

32, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

sold in 2005 for £80,000

was bought in 2002 for £107,000

Do not know the story behind this one, very suprised at this loss as littleover is a really desirable part on Derby with good schools etc. Could be repossession.

HOLA442
One for the bears .....

32, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

sold in 2005 for £80,000

was bought in 2002 for £107,000

Do not know the story behind this one, very suprised at this loss as littleover is a really desirable part on Derby with good schools etc. Could be repossession.

Now that is a seriously interesting piece of information (due to specific family circumstances) if Littleover is a reasonable area with good transport. I wonder if it's the start of a more general trend?

HOLA443
HOLA444

24/06/2005 £80,000 Semi F/H 32, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

2 11/05/2004 £135,000 Semi F/H 7, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

3 18/10/2002 £107,000 Semi F/H 32, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

4 26/06/2002 £85,111 Semi F/H 9, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

5 31/07/2000 £77,500 Semi F/H 38, Merridale Road, Littleover, Derby, City Of Derby, DE23 1DJ

Very odd....

Edited by justanewbie

HOLA445

My guess would be a repossessed wreck damaged by the owners in frustration as they left.

Its the stupidest thing you can do but many, many repossessed properties where damaged in the same way back in the early 1990s.

HOLA446
HOLA447
It's always dangerous to conclude anything from this.

A very possible scenario is that it was bought jointly by a couple in 2002, then in 2005 one bought out the other following a relationship breakdown.

I know of a doctor who a really nice house on Burton Road, which is a plush part of Derby. The house was really big. He was splitting from his wife and sold the house really cheap to one of his mates. It was all done out of spite. He must of lost a bucket load of money on the deal, but when someone is driven by spite, they do irrational things.

HOLA448
My guess would be a repossessed wreck damaged by the owners in frustration as they left.

Its the stupidest thing you can do but many, many repossessed properties where damaged in the same way back in the early 1990s.

Yeah, I was talking to someone who bought a repossessed house in 1991. The owner had trashed the place before he left. Thrown paint on the carpets and drilled holes in the radiators. He had also sabotaged the electrics.

I reckon we'll see plenty of that if the brown stuff hits the fan again. The same mentality that causes people to brag about the increase in the 'value' of their homes drives them to do spiteful things when they realise it's the bank that owns them. (they don't like it up 'em)

HOLA449
Yeah, I was talking to someone who bought a repossessed house in 1991. The owner had trashed the place before he left. Thrown paint on the carpets and drilled holes in the radiators. He had also sabotaged the electrics.

Thats not very nice, but I guess when someone is facing financial ruin its a bit much expecting him to leave you a bunce of balloons and a smiley cake.

HOLA4410
Thats not very nice, but I guess when someone is facing financial ruin its a bit much expecting him to leave you a bunce of balloons and a smiley cake.

I wouldn't expect that but it can easily knock 30% off the already low price you would get for your house as you need to factor in replacement electrics, heating, kitchen into the cost of the house.

I know some people who made a fortune buying these for peanuts in the mid 90's. Oh and a couple who are still trying to repay the debt they still owe on a house they did exactly the above to.